PDA

View Full Version : Lt100

ejh
08-10-2008, 08:32 PM
the weather was great, Dave beat Lance, and 3 forumby finish the Leadville trail 100 mountain bike race. I finished in 11:26:22. :banana: :banana: OK lets hear form the rest of you.

chuckred
08-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Congratulations on a great ride!

For the first time in 4 years, I didn't beat the cut off. Last year I was 11:29 after cramping horribly. This year I felt better and finished much stronger, but the clock just ran too fast!

No excuses, 'cause I made it to Columbine faster than my first year, but didn't make it back unti 12:16.

I double flatted on Powerline descent, and that time was the difference, but in my mind, you have to expect something to go wrong and still be able to make it under 12. After the flats, I went up to 50 psi front and rear - between the high pressure and fear of flatting again, I was more cautious and less comfortable than usual on the descents (although once it got muddy on the St. Kevin's descent, the tires were amazing - they cut right through and slid less than they did on the hardpack!)

I felt good, had no physical issues (other than the general agony of a long day like that). My crew was fantastic.

I thought Lance was very gracious - at the award ceremony asking where Dave was before saying "That guy's a stud"...

If you had asked me yesterday, I'd have said it was my last... now I'm already trying to figure out how to beat 11 hours...

Did you see the horrible faceplant on the pavement heading into Twin Lakes? I came across just as the first emergency vehical was pulling up. Tons of blood - and about a 15 foot smear of blood on the pavement. I have to say it really bummed me out to see it. And it was still there on the return. I feel for the guy and hope he's recovering all right.

I met GDW as well - rode up to Sugar Loaf with him before I flatted on the descent. He finished well! Was fun to meet another forum poster.

ejh
08-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Thats what I'm thinking, I got my buckle 2 years ago for the run and the mountain bike this year. I think its time to do some shorter rides. and get back to the mountain states cup races.