PDA

View Full Version : Go Sox!!!

Bill Bove
10-22-2004, 05:29 AM
Go Sox!!!! :)

Curse Schmurse!!! :)

It's Mass's year!!! :)

Janurary---Patriot's Win SuperBowl :)

October---Red Sox End Curse And Win The World Series :)

November--- :banana: :banana: :banana:

dbrk
10-22-2004, 05:55 AM
If bananas dance all November then I hope we get to December sooner than later. 'Can't abide them.

Cubs Factor works in favor of the Sox (team with the fewest ex-Cubs wins) but it's a different game in the Series when American Leaguers have to play by real rules (and I prefer the American League, I just deeply dislike the DH; you weren't expecting otherwise, were you? Quill stems, lugged steel, silver parts, and handbuilt wheels are better too.)

For those looking for time-honored Italian frames, DeRosas are being blown out because of their meltdown with importer, Sinclair. There is nothing in sight for DeRosa in the US and about 50 years of brand recognition and value is going right down the ol'drain since the bikes are priced now more like what they are really worth. DeRosas have a very nice, neutral, Euro-calm geometry which suits me far better than the commercial US brands though the workmanship is better on Cdales and Taiwan-made Specialized.

Interbike and Milan tell us that The Future is carbon. About all of it is cookie-cutter, mostly made by the same firms in Taiwan, and more about glue and labeling than about _making_ interesting bicycles with nuances of craft. At least Serotta's new Nove isn't just another though if this is a "price point" then its a point waaaay higher than mine. Eddy's 50th bike is particularly disappointing to me because, well, how many this year will have the exact same manipulated looking tubes? Darn thing looks like a Specialized Roubaix...oh, and that's like 2K cheaper. At least Cervelo is shameless and cheaper and a bit more direct. I dunno. I'm glad I'm sorta' out of the market for anything LatestGreates for...ever. The romance is gone and what's the point of high-end if not the romance; it certainly isn't more fun in any ride quality sense. If this is the future, you can find me on the farm blithely ignoring it or out on a steel bike being slow and not at all grumpy (like this?).

Off to Houston to do yoga this weekend. Wishing you all a ride if it's warm.

dbrk
;-)

Jeff N.
10-22-2004, 08:23 AM
It'll be Bo'Sox in 5 in the Series. Jeff N.

scottcw
10-22-2004, 08:57 AM
It'll be Bo'Sox in 5 in the Series. Jeff N.

The Sox win 2 in St. Louis? Not likely. The DH rule helps the Cards in Fenway and hurts the Sox on the road. Ortiz wearing a glove puts fear in Sox fans. Cards in 6 and they celebrate in Fenway.

Bruce K
10-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Scott;

I don't know why you think we're worried about Big Poppy playing first. He's been there and done that.

I'm more worried about our pitchers hitting.

And yes, I too am thinking it will be Sox in 5.

Red October....ain't it fun?

BK

Tom
10-22-2004, 09:57 AM
If Schilling does get out there, I sure hope it is in Fenway. I have a mental picture of him jacking one out in Busch Stadium and needing Pedro to push him around the bases in a shopping cart.

Bruce K
10-22-2004, 10:37 AM
Tom;

The pitching rotation has been announced.

It is:

Wakefield (Fenway)
Schilling (Fenway)
Martinez (Busch)
Lowe (Busch)

Arroyo will be coming out of the bullpen as needed.

Terry Francona has stated they want to keep Schilling off the field in Busch at all costs for obvious reasons.

Talk about a tough guy. They are going to re-suture his ankle before Game 2! :help: :eek:

Better him than me.

BK

geezohwiz
10-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Scott;

I don't know why you think we're worried about Big Poppy BK

Bill Buckner

scottcw
10-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Scott;

I don't know why you think we're worried about Big Poppy playing first. He's been there and done that.

From espn.com (The Sports Guy, die hard Sox fan):

"How do you feel about Ortiz playing 1b during games 3-5, just thinking about it gives me hives.

Bill Simmons: It's harrowing. That's the best adjective."

"Bill are you ignoring the Ortiz D vs Ortiz bat arguement. This could be critical.

Bill Simmons: Not at all - Ortiz HAS to be in there. He's just a train wreck defensively. But you still need his bat."

Jeff N.
10-24-2004, 02:16 AM
The Sox win 2 in St. Louis? Not likely. The DH rule helps the Cards in Fenway and hurts the Sox on the road. Ortiz wearing a glove puts fear in Sox fans. Cards in 6 and they celebrate in Fenway.I was wrong. Initially I said Bo'Sox in 5. It's Bo'Sox in 4. Jeff N.

scottcw
10-24-2004, 09:05 AM
I was wrong. Initially I said Bo'Sox in 5. It's Bo'Sox in 4. Jeff N.

One ugly win where they give up 9 runs and it is a sweep? :rolleyes:

Bruce K
10-24-2004, 09:19 AM
I won't go so far as to predicta sweep but the Birds trotted out their best starter last night and he didn't make 3 innings. The Sox have their three best pitchers yet to come.

We all know both teams can hit but usually good pitching beats good hitting.

It still looks like the Sox are in a much better position and I'm still thinking Sox in 5.

BK

Jeff N.
10-24-2004, 10:31 AM
One ugly win where they give up 9 runs and it is a sweep? :rolleyes:9 runs on FOUR ERRORS...and STILL they win. Without the errors last night, it woulda been lots uglier for the Red Birds. Jeff N.

Jeff N.
10-24-2004, 10:37 AM
I won't go so far as to predicta sweep but the Birds trotted out their best starter last night and he didn't make 3 innings. The Sox have their three best pitchers yet to come.

We all know both teams can hit but usually good pitching beats good hitting.

It still looks like the Sox are in a much better position and I'm still thinking Sox in 5.

BKI remember Woody Williams when he was with my Padres. As inconsistent as they come at the time. He has improved since then, of course, but his performance last night....well, it was easy to see why the Pads bid him farewell. Jeff N.

Bill Bove
10-24-2004, 11:11 AM
I'm hoping they can wrap it up in Fenway. The fans deserve it, the park deserves it. :banana: :banana:

My Dad is buried in Forrest Hill Cemetary in Brookline, you can hear the crowd at his grave when the wind is blowing right, lifelong, long suffering Sox fan,he deserves it. :beer:

Bill Bove
10-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Holy Crap Batman!!! Is that e-richie singing the national anthem at tonights game? :confused:

Bruce K
10-25-2004, 06:42 AM
Hey Bill;

Can you say the C-word on the forum? :confused: :D

Two down, two to go.

GO SOX !!!

BK

Jeff N.
10-25-2004, 08:12 AM
On schedule. Jeff N. :beer:

Bruce K
10-25-2004, 11:58 AM
The local sports media is reporting that Kurt Schilling is done for the season.

Apparently the Red Sox management has decided not to risk the potential for injury any further.

Probably a smart move.

Hopefully, it won't mean anything as I am hoping we have seen the last baseball game from Fenway for the season.

BK

Litespeeder
10-25-2004, 08:11 PM
I lived in Boston in 1986. That was the year that the Red Sox, the Patriots and the Celtic all went to the Championship games and lost. To make things worse, Michael Dukakus lost the presidential election two years later. But this year is different. The Sox are going to win the Series and Kerry will win the election. I hope that I didn't just jinx it for them.

Let's GO Red Sox!...

Let's GO Red Sox!...

Let's GO Red Sox!...

Let's GO Red Sox!...

Let's GO Red Sox!...

:beer:

Jeff N.
10-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Martinez and Lowe coming up. Believe me, Shilling won't be needed anymore this season. Jeff N.

Louis
10-25-2004, 11:41 PM
It's a shame to see the Cards playing as poorly as they have, but if this is the first leg of a New England trifecta (Baseball, Football, and you know what) then I suppose the pleasure of last of those will make the pain of the first two worth it...

Louis

Jeff N.
10-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Yep....right on schedule. Get out the brooms. Theres gonna be a lot of broken hearts in St. Louis tomorrow night. Can you believe those Red Sox? Magnificent!!!! Jeff N.

Bill Bove
10-27-2004, 04:57 AM
Oooh, ooh, ooh!!!!

Bruce K
10-27-2004, 06:41 AM
It appears I may have been a little pessimistic in my earlier prediction.

Sox in 4 ?!? :banana: :confused: :banana:

Hey Bill, I think your Dad is smiling.

BK

Tom
10-27-2004, 07:00 AM
I wish I could enjoy this. I have a terrible fear that somehow they won't make it. I watched the first inning last night and nearly had a heart attack. I found myself awake, staring at the ceiling about 1:30 this morning and had to get up and check the score even though I knew I shouldn't.

Bradford
10-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Wait 'till this year.

Jeff N.
10-27-2004, 08:17 AM
It appears I may have been a little pessimistic in my earlier prediction.

Sox in 4 ?!? :banana: :confused: :banana:

BKWorry not. Lowe and the Sox'll wrap it up tonight!!!! Jeff N. :beer:

scottcw
10-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Frickin' Cards just laid down. This was not so much a magnificent performance by the Sox as it is a no-show by the Cards. Houston would have been a better NL representative.

Bill Bove
10-27-2004, 09:14 AM
[QUOTe

BK[/QUOTE]
I have a baseball in a drawer that I bought the day after he died, I wrote all the days scores on it. Tomorrow I'm going to buy another. :banana: :banana:

Bill Bove
10-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Oooh, ooh, ooh!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
THANKS GUYS!!!!

Bruce K
10-27-2004, 10:58 PM
YAHOO !!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

What a great time to be a Boston Sports fan.

Bill, I'll start shopping for a hat tomorrow and will FedEx it as soon as I get one.

Bruce

Kevin
10-28-2004, 05:40 AM
Congratulations from the Evil Empire.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
10-28-2004, 07:20 AM
. . . HAS frozen over! Congratulations to Bruce K, Bill Bove, and all the other Sox fans. Enjoy this--you DESERVE it!!!!

I wonder what Bill Buckner is doing this morning? Will he be allowed back into town now?

BBDave

Bill Bove
10-28-2004, 08:00 AM
I wonder what Bill Buckner is doing this morning? Will he be allowed back into town now?

BBDave
I heard that he was on his way into town the other night when he was almost hit by a bus crossing the street. It went between his legs. :p

Today all is forgiven. :beer:

I wonder where Curt Gowdy, Ken Coleman, Mel Parnell and the other voices are? Too bad Teddy Ballgame wasn't around for this.

davids
10-28-2004, 08:22 AM
Sign posted in my office this morning:

"CAUTION: Low-Flying Pigs"

It barely feels possible, but it happened.
The Boston Red Sox are the World Champions.

Jeff N.
10-28-2004, 08:34 AM
Won some money at work by calling a sweep. Man, what a historical World Series victory. Party hard, Boston! You deserve it! :beer: Jeff N.

Bruce K
10-28-2004, 09:56 AM
Boy does that sound good:

The Boston Red Sox are World Champions.

I truly hope that players from Red Sox past will now be appreciated for what they did in their careers and not for single moments of human failing.

Buckner, Schiraldi, et al deserve better than what they have gotten over the years.

But this year's team is really something special.

Long live idiocy!! :banana:

BK

bostondrunk
10-28-2004, 10:30 AM
I think this sums it up nicely:

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story.asp?id=102943