PDA

View Full Version : Crank Bros Candy Pedals

kbone
08-08-2008, 07:30 PM
So, I just got a pair of Candy pedals for my cross bike. I don't have mountain shoes yet as I ride the bike mostly on the road. It seems as though the platform just flaps around under my shoes and doesn't do anything for support. Is that different with mountain shoes?

paczki
08-08-2008, 07:38 PM
So, I just got a pair of Candy pedals for my cross bike. I don't have mountain shoes yet as I ride the bike mostly on the road. It seems as though the platform just flaps around under my shoes and doesn't do anything for support. Is that different with mountain shoes?

I've used them many times with road shoes and never had that problem. Do you have CB road cleats?

Dave B
08-08-2008, 08:41 PM
I have candies on every bike I own, road/cross/mtb. I only use mtb shoes as I get off the bike and check stuff out all the time. Pics and jazz right. Pedals are beautiful. I have never used them with road shoes. Sorry I am absolutely no effin help!

Good pedal though.

kbone
08-08-2008, 09:50 PM
I've used them many times with road shoes and never had that problem. Do you have CB road cleats?

Road cleats? I don't have them but just looked them up. I guess I should try those...

Fixed
08-08-2008, 10:03 PM
i have a pair of road shoes with the road cleats ..they work great imho

cheers

stuckey
08-09-2008, 01:14 AM

On my Sidi mountain shoes the platform rests against the rise/tread of the shoe. For road shoes use the Quattro cleat, they work great.

BillyBear
08-10-2008, 10:33 PM
On my Sidi mountain shoes the platform rests against the rise/tread of the shoe. For road shoes use the Quattro cleat, they work great.

+1

Crazy Chris
08-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I learned from my mechanic that I need to grease those Crank pedals. He told me that they supply a gizmo to screw onto the outboard portion and then squirt in the grease. It might take me the rest of the summer to find that gizmo in my garage. Any ideas?