PDA

View Full Version : Got home feeling Sick

thinpin
08-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Just got in from work today having looked after a fixed rider in recovery unit whos been knocked up bad by a cement truck here in Melbourne. Can't say anymore about him really as the incident is all over the Melbourne cycling forums (lots of locals on this site) and I cant really talk about his details but Jeez I felt sick today, really sick to my stomach. Not just the injuries as they are not the worst Ive seen but the EFFing stupidity of it all. I could feel my face getting red and my blood boil up with anger, then I just felt sick.
As you yanks say...Just sayin' :crap: :crap: :crap:

rwsaunders
08-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Thinpin, what's the Aussie version of "just sayin'"?

As a side note, my Dad served with a joint task force of US Marines and the Royal Australian Regiment a long time ago in Korea (1950-1953). He made some lifetime friends during some hard times in the mountains.

When we were kids, we would have a "Digger" stop in for a visit every so often when they made a business trip to the States....the men with the cool accents and Wallabee shoes. They kept in touch with my Dad via shortwave radio and they all worked in the steel industry after the service.

39cross
08-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Sounds pretty bad..cement truck...man. Hope he makes a quick recovery and rehab.

William
08-07-2008, 04:39 AM
I don't think I want to know the details. I just hope they make a speedy and full recovery.

William

Climb01742
08-07-2008, 05:09 AM
sadly, no one ever wins "the gross vehicle weight argument". hope the rider recovers quickly.

thinpin
08-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Thinpin, what's the Aussie version of "just sayin'"?

As a side note, my Dad served with a joint task force of US Marines and the Royal Australian Regiment a long time ago in Korea (1950-1953). He made some lifetime friends during some hard times in the mountains.

When we were kids, we would have a "Digger" stop in for a visit every so often when they made a business trip to the States....the men with the cool accents and Wallabee shoes. They kept in touch with my Dad via shortwave radio and they all worked in the steel industry after the service.

Dont believe there is one RW.
Rider is coming along OK

Fixed
08-07-2008, 08:41 PM
when i get wacked i hope i get a doc that cares like you do
cheers bro

thinpin
08-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Im no Doc Fixed
Im a nurse and you're probably too cluey to get whacked!

Fixed
08-08-2008, 09:00 AM
been hit before once i sent a week in the hos.
i expect it
i do my best to stay out of harms way ..but it only takes one mistake to ruin your life
cheers