PDA

View Full Version : Site update

zap
10-20-2004, 02:22 PM
What???

I come back to the office and no one submitted a post regarding the updates??

Keith A
10-20-2004, 03:36 PM
Are you talking about the new Nove (http://www.serotta.com/pages/novePOP.htm)

http://www.serotta.com/images/novePOP.jpg

Ozz
10-20-2004, 03:50 PM
The update talks about the Nove and changes to the Fierte Ti, but I didn't see anything about changes to any other models - i.e. lighter Ottrott

The Nove looks like a pretty cool bike and a good price point...is the difference between it and the Ottrott primarily the carbon tubes??

Dude
10-20-2004, 04:06 PM
I think the Fierte Ti looks great. That is probably the best deal out there in the Ti market. Throw some 10s ultegra on it and you have a killer bike for ~3K.

Rollin'
10-20-2004, 05:22 PM
What I have heard from our Serotta Rep is that the biggest difference is the Ti. I believe the frame, other than the seat tube, is NOT colorado concept tubing. This substantially reduces the cost of the frame.

EdK
10-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Nove vs. Ottrott --- Also looks like no pivot for the carbon stay ala CDA

Smiley
10-20-2004, 06:13 PM
Here's the differences they way I see it and was told . NO Colorado Concept Tubing for Ti or Carbon tubes . The ST stays are non pivoted. The Ti is all Straight round and the seat tube looks like a honker at 30.9 mm to make up for the fact that is not CC . The Carbon tubes will have a top mounted decals only not under the clear coat . Please note there are NEW changes to the Ottrott that make this comparison only to the 2004 model. Wait for the Ottrott 2005 model intro to see where the new Ottrott is slightly changed .
No doubt Serotta with the NOVE has tagged their lower priced competition that claimed to be just as good as the Ottrott , I don't even think that they can be as good as the NOVE. Good job Serotta .

Climb01742
10-20-2004, 07:06 PM
capt smiley--when will the '05 ottrott be intro-ed?

Rollin'
10-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Otrott 05 features
Custom IT tube set 4000 series Torsion Core™ multi modulus carbon fiber top and down tubes
Proprietary Colorado Concept butted tubes and lugs
Rider-specific ST carbon stay and pivot system (ST model only)
Triple butted/swaged titanium C4Ti Colorado Concept seat tube
CNC cut seamless titanium lugs
Rider-tunable tube set – multiple stiffness levels
Rider-specific butted titanium S-bend chain stays
Serotta 3D XL dropouts
New lighter weight eccentric head tube and bottom bracket design Engraved ‘S’ on ST lug (ST model only)
Titanium rivet-style brake cable stops
Serotta Low-Pro Head-Ons with 6 mm thread
Serotta lightweight aluminum seat tube collar
Lightweight “S” brake bridge (Ottrott only)
Serotta classic head tube badge (standard unless otherwise specified)

Some info regarding the Nove
Custom IT2 Tube Set
Torsion Core™ filament wound carbon fiber top and down tubes
C2Ti titanium seat tube CS carbon fiber seat stay with fixed aluminum bosses at the dropouts
CNC cut seamless titanium lugs
Rider-tunable tube set – multiple stiffness levels
Rider-specific butted titanium S-bend chain stays
30.9 seat post diameter* - 27.2 adaptor shim is available
New lighter weight eccentric head tube and bottom bracket design
Serotta 3D XL dropouts
Titanium rivet-style brake cable stops
Serotta Low-Pro Head-Ons with 6 mm thread
Serotta lightweight aluminum seat tube collar

There you go!
These should be available for order in DEC! :D

Climb01742
10-21-2004, 08:50 AM
so how do we think the ride/performance will differ between the two models?

its interesting that the nove costs the same as a legend...curious if that'll impact legend sales...or at least now the choice of all ti vs ti/carbon doesn't have to be based on price.

bikedadjc
10-21-2004, 09:20 AM
The Novay isn't Colorado Concept tubing.........against the Legend........

tch
10-21-2004, 09:38 AM
Can somebody explain to me what Colorado Concept even means??? I read about it here and on the official site, but I can't seem to get any clear explanation. As it is, it just remains a marketing term to me. And while you're at it, can anyone explain the (supposed) advantages? Anyone?

zap
10-21-2004, 10:21 AM
I sure hope these new frames will have "normal" top tubes as well. I'm not a fan of slopping tt on road bikes.

Good to see that the ss pivots aren't on the Nove.

Dekonick
10-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Ill bet Legend sales continue as they have in the past. Anyone who wants a 100% Ti frame is gonna opt for a legend. If I had enough cash, I would have a Legend built with cross specs - and make it one hell of a nice rain bike. Can you imagine a Legend (polished) with all da pegs/mounts and wide drops / clearances for cross tires and fenders? Hrmm... perhaps when I win the lottery.

Rollin'
10-21-2004, 11:37 AM
Can somebody explain to me what Colorado Concept even means??? I read about it here and on the official site, but I can't seem to get any clear explanation. As it is, it just remains a marketing term to me. And while you're at it, can anyone explain the (supposed) advantages? Anyone?

Colorado Concept refers to a couple of things. CC Tubing takes into account the need of the tubing to be Stiff in certain places for maximum power transfer (Such as the Bottom of the Seat tube). The CC tubing is also Swaged and Tapered to a smaller diameter in areas that will promote a smoother, more compliant ride (Such as the upper portion of the seat tube).
The best way I have heard it described, is that CC tubing is like a tree in nature. The base is large and stiff, but the upper portion is able to flex in the breeze. It's a bit simplistic, but it's the basic idea of CC.
CC tubing represents a more expensive option because of the extra manipulation required, but provides the most comfortable ride without sacrificing stiffness, that is attainable in a metal frame. CC is also what sets a Serotta apart from say, a Seven, or other Ti frame. As Serotta is so very fond of saying, "it's the tubing, dammit!"

Russ
10-21-2004, 11:40 AM
What???

I come back to the office and no one submitted a post regarding the updates??

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=4905

vaxn8r
10-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Ill bet Legend sales continue as they have in the past. Anyone who wants a 100% Ti frame is gonna opt for a legend. If I had enough cash, I would have a Legend built with cross specs - and make it one hell of a nice rain bike. Can you imagine a Legend (polished) with all da pegs/mounts and wide drops / clearances for cross tires and fenders? Hrmm... perhaps when I win the lottery.

A buddy of mine has a Legend and a Land Shark. He actually likes his steel Landshark better so the Legend is clad with fenders. The most awesome rainbike you'll ever see. Oh, well, I guess all bikes are rain bikes in Oregon. Never mind.

Climb01742
10-21-2004, 01:56 PM
I sure hope these new frames will have "normal" top tubes as well. I'm not a fan of slopping tt on road bikes.

dear sweet old fashioned zap, do those darn horseless carriages with their motors and horns and smoke bother you too? :p ;) :D :) :rolleyes: :beer: best wishes, climb, who loves sloping TT