PDA

View Full Version : Mavic Ksyrium SL spokes

rwsaunders
08-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Does anyone know of a good online resource? Thanks

gone
08-04-2008, 08:32 AM
A search for "mavic ksyrium spoke" reveals Totalcycling (http://www.totalcycling.com/index.php/product/parts_accessories/spokes/whksyspoke.html) has them as does Pedal on (http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/mavic_ksyrium_spokes_.html).

Pete Serotta
08-04-2008, 08:36 AM
The local dealers can order from MAVIC (make sure you specify which spoke you need....The MAVIC book of SPOKES is large

gone
08-04-2008, 11:39 AM
I was going to suggest an LBS as well, probably cheaper in the long run and you'll be more likely to get the right one.

csm
08-04-2008, 11:46 AM
and if you get the wrong one it is much easier to return.

rwsaunders
08-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks folks. I did check with my LBS, but he has to order a minimum quantity from Mavic, and we hoped to find a source for a smaller order, such as an online store. I've trusted this fellow with my mechanical work for 20 years or so.....Alan is my go to guy. It says something about him that he suggested a source for the smaller quantity order, as he deals mostly with standard spoke repairs (SSR's) in his shop. Is that a new term?

PS I was hoping for a US source too.

Pete Serotta
08-04-2008, 04:47 PM
get the part ## from your LBS and then shop for that spoke.

Frank's Cyclery in Raleigh probably has them as does Cycleport in Parkridge NJ. (depending on where you are.

Thanks folks. I did check with my LBS, but he has to order a minimum quantity from Mavic, and we hoped to find a source for a smaller order, such as an online store. I've trusted this fellow with my mechanical work for 20 years or so.....Alan is my go to guy. It says something about him that he suggested a source for the smaller quantity order, as he deals mostly with standard spoke repairs (SSR's) in his shop. Is that a new term?

PS I was hoping for a US source too.

rwsaunders
08-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks Pete.

El Chaba
08-05-2008, 06:29 AM
I think Mavic (and others) do themselves a HUGE disservice by not selling parts directly to any consumer savvy enough to obtain a part number.....