PDA

View Full Version : Noise from the Brooks

Smiley
08-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I think I found the annoying squeak which I believe comes from the nose adjusting bolt on my B 17. Can anybody confirm they have had a similar problem. Thanks

Ray
08-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I think I found the annoying squeak which I believe comes from the nose adjusting bolt on my B 17. Can anybody confirm they have had a similar problem. Thanks
I've had squeaks from Brooks saddles, but never isolated it to the tension bolt. They'd come and go and I always just attributed it to the leather squeaking against the metal frame. Or, in the case of a big old sprung one I used to have, to the springs. A change in the weather / humidity usually cured it. Or brought it on in the first place.

You gonna loosen it or tighten it?

-Ray

Smiley
08-03-2008, 04:05 PM
You gonna loosen it or tighten it?

-Ray
It was tightened thinking that was the problem, comming back from the ride today if I sat on the nose all the noise went away, sitting back on the saddle it comes back. Its the bracket when the rails meet, its been wd40'd as well as lubed and we shall see at the Ramble cause a Tandem is in da house

dauwhe
08-03-2008, 04:22 PM
I adjusted my tension today, right before my ride. There was an annoying "squawk" the whole ride. Stopped when I stood up. Haven't put any lube on the tensioning bolt.

Dave

Smiley
08-03-2008, 04:25 PM
I adjusted my tension today, right before my ride. There was an annoying "squawk" the whole ride. Stopped when I stood up. Haven't put any lube on the tensioning bolt.

Dave
Not the bolt but the bracket that holds the rails and the bolt, lube the whole thing when your at it.

Ahneida Ride
08-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Smiley ...

It's time to take your meds. :p ;) :D :banana:

Sandy
08-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Smiley ...

It's time to take your meds. :p ;) :D :banana:

I squeak when I walk. Do I take meds, use oil, or both?? :rolleyes:

Squeaky Sandy

Ahneida Ride
08-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Smiley

I recall you informing me that the Ti seat post had to be modified a
bit to accommodate the Brooks. Could the problem lie there?

39cross
08-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Could be the seatpost, maybe try another and see if you still squeak.

Smiley
08-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Smiley

I recall you informing me that the Ti seat post had to be modified a
bit to accommodate the Brooks. Could the problem lie there?
Nah , the ti post is on the Hors this is a regualr post on the tandem.