PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Marathon Man

george
08-01-2008, 01:53 PM
How many of you saw ULTRA MARATHON MAN Dean Karnazes...I saw it in Oak Park IL at Lake theaters. Was this the only date? Will it come out on DVD. I left with a new sense of motivaton after seeing this most incredible runner dude run 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days! The movie was extremly motivating.

I started my 50 states pursuit this spring with thinking I will finish when I finish (no deadline). Now I am thinking 50 states before 50 years old. I turned 41 on May 31st and on that day I ran Sunburst Marathon in South Bend Indiana it was carrer # 12 and state # 5...

I LOVE RUNNING AND RUNNING LOVES ME!
I ALSO LOVE CYCLING AND CYCLING LOVES ME!
and I am slowly introducing swimming to the passion mix but still have that "sinking" feeling...

dauwhe
08-01-2008, 02:00 PM
There's a book, too. I just finished producing the eBook version.

Dave

george
08-01-2008, 02:35 PM
There's a book, too. I just finished producing the eBook version.

Dave

The book was awesome I read it and even brought it with ...just in case Mr. Ultra Marathon Man himself was there so he could sign it! Not the case :)

dauwhe
08-01-2008, 03:18 PM
There's a new one called 50/50 that's not supposed to be out until August 18:

http://www.amazon.com/50-Secrets-Learned-Marathons-Endurance/dp/0446581836/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1217621835&sr=11-1

pdmtong
08-01-2008, 07:43 PM
long before deano was the ultra running man, he was a $#%$-hot windsurfer (the sport I actually enjoy the most, yes, more than cycling). the guy can pretty much do it all.

xjoex
08-01-2008, 10:38 PM
After reading the book ultra marathon man I didn't really like him.

What bugged me most is that he made it seem as if no one else ever ran an ultra, or trains crazy amounts of hours. He really glosses over the fact in almost every race he mentions in ultra-marathon man he was beat by other ultra runners.

He is successful because he is an extrovert in a sport filled with introverts.

check out Yiannis Kouros (http://www.yianniskouros.com/) if you want to read about the real deal.

-Joe

george
08-02-2008, 04:05 AM
After reading the book ultra marathon man I didn't really like him.

What bugged me most is that he made it seem as if no one else ever ran an ultra, or trains crazy amounts of hours. He really glosses over the fact in almost every race he mentions in ultra-marathon man he was beat by other ultra runners.

He is successful because he is an extrovert in a sport filled with introverts.

check out Yiannis Kouros (http://www.yianniskouros.com/) if you want to read about the real deal.

-Joe

To Deans defence he is not about speed. He is more about motivating people, especially our youth to start running.

Thank you for the Yiannis Kouros website. This guy is another Greek of nature I mean freak of nature :) Yannis and Dean have incredible and most extraordinary appitites for running and runinng and running and runing and running and running