PDA

View Full Version : Crankset/Brake hoods Wanted

William
10-20-2004, 06:45 AM
I thought I would ask my Serotta brothers and sisters before heading off to e-bay. :)

I'm looking for a crankset for a rain bike I'm putting together. Preferably 175mm or longer, but will consider all possibilities...it's a rain bike after all. :) I'm not looking for top-O-the line stuff (= not looking to spend big $$$...it's a rain bike after all).

William :)

PS: Also need brake hoods/levers. Same criteria as above.

Tom Robison
10-20-2004, 07:04 AM
What brand and model of hoods? I've got some Campy 9speed hoods I just changed.

Tom

William
10-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Thanks Tom.
I was going to set up this old girl with DT shifters (or maybe, justmaybe, bar end shifters). So I was thinking just plain old brake hoods, not STI/Ergo. Rear end is Shimano 7 speed. I've also considered turning it into a single speed but I already have a fixie in the works.

William

pbbob
10-20-2004, 07:47 AM
I have a 175 sachs new success. uses 135 campy rings and a 115 shimano taper bb I believe. currently have a 53 39 on it. yours for the shipping.

pbbob
10-20-2004, 07:51 AM
Thanks Tom.
I was going to set up this old girl with DT shifters (or maybe, justmaybe, bar end shifters). So I was thinking just plain old brake hoods, not STI/Ergo. Rear end is Shimano 7 speed. I've also considered turning it into a single speed but I already have a fixie in the works.

William
are you interested in cable flopping in the wind kind of brake levers? got some suntour superbe, look like new.

Ahneida Ride
10-20-2004, 01:13 PM
William,

Sorry, Just gave away a Campy Record Triple with Phill BB.
It went to a good home. If I had know earlier, it was yours my friend.

christian
10-20-2004, 02:42 PM
got some suntour superbe, look like new.

If he's not, I _always_ am. Suntour Superbe Pro. Dura-Ace for the friction set!

At one point this year, I had more NOS Superbe Pro brakesets than I had bikes...

- Christian

William
10-20-2004, 04:19 PM
William,

Sorry, Just gave away a Campy Record Triple with Phill BB.
It went to a good home. If I had know earlier, it was yours my friend.

Doh!

I appreciate your thinking of me AR! You are the best my friend! :cool:

William :)

Peter
10-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Geez; I don't know if I can beat pbbob's offer but I can try:

I just converted my bike from 7 speed downtube stuff to STI and have a bunch of parts available. In fact, I have an entire drivetrain minus the rear hub, which I gave away.

For the crank you may be looking for, I have a Campy Nuovo Record 170mm with 42/51 rings. The 42 is a T.A., and the 51 is a Sugino. Barely 1500 miles on the rings. Comes with an appropriate length Shimano cartridge BB. Admittedly, the left arm had just started to creak, but a beer can shim could take care of that. Cost-shipping only.

For brake levers well, I can't break up the set but if you're interested then I have a pair of Campy Super Record brakes, complete. You gotta make me an offer on these, though!

If you need 7 speed DT shifters, frt/rr derailleurs or a near new freewheel, I have those too.