PDA

View Full Version : Interval Timing Device.

gavinator
07-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Do any of you have a good idea for an interval timer/heart rate monitor for use with an indoor trainer.

"Back in the day" when I was running track and CC we did A LOT of intervals but it was always my coach tracking them on his own stop watch. The usual running and cycling interval are obviously two different animals (one being time based the other being time AND distance based) and regular stopwatches are Standard stopwatches seem a little troublesome to use while on a trainer. I would like something that, if possible, could smoothly integrate the interval tracking and heart rate functions in a way that would keep me on target.

Also, before mentioning powertap or any other power based trainer gear please remember I have a somewhat restrictive budget I would like to keep to.

Kervin
07-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Most Timex watches have a timer that can beep at whatever length of time you like. The Polar HRM I've had can be set to track "time in HR zone". Between those two, you should be set. I've got a Polar w/ power and that one allows you to store 10 (I think) different types of work outs. You can base them on power, time , distance, HR but not pain :rolleyes: .

93legendti
07-28-2008, 06:21 PM
iirc, Casio G-Shock watches have countdown timers which you can set for any length of time.