PDA

View Full Version : SAAB test drive jersey

Kervin
07-26-2008, 09:10 AM
I'll start off with letting you know I get paid by SAAB (well, I do have to sell one first). In Bicylcing this month, there is a card that allows you to get a SAAB jersey with a test drive. It is a way for them to judge how many people see the ad and what products Bicycling readers might like. I do like that they support cycle racing, so this is your chance let them know that it is giving them a little brand awareness (plus you get a jersey). Just take the card down to the dealer, tell them you want to get a free jersey, do a test drive, and fax the card in.

rwsaunders
07-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the tip.

TimD
07-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Does it say "GM" on it too? :)

Bruce K
07-27-2008, 07:29 AM
Now we can all look as spiffy as flux as I believe that is his team.

Yet another reason to go snag a jersey.

BK

CNY rider
07-27-2008, 08:25 AM
A little OT here, but I'm curious.
I gather that you (the OP, Kervin) are probably a Saab salesman?
How do you feel about me coming to your car dealership, card in hand, with no intention of ever buying anything, and taking a test drive to get the jersey?
I kind of feel bad for wasting your time; do you feel like you're being taken advantage of when people do this sort of thing?
And nothing against Saab, it's just that I'm not in the market for a new vehicle for the foreseeable future.

Kervin
07-27-2008, 11:47 AM
I am a Saab salesman. I'm fine with someone coming in card in hand. What bothers me a bit, is when someone comes in for a promotion, but keeps it "secret" until the end. Part of Saab's goal is to have people look at their current models. I usually show someone a model that is closest to what they drive now, do a short test drive, fill out their card, and send them on their way. There is always a possibility that they might tell someone that the car they drove was nice and then that person comes in to buy one.A little OT here, but I'm curious.
I gather that you (the OP, Kervin) are probably a Saab salesman?
How do you feel about me coming to your car dealership, card in hand, with no intention of ever buying anything, and taking a test drive to get the jersey?
I kind of feel bad for wasting your time; do you feel like you're being taken advantage of when people do this sort of thing?
And nothing against Saab, it's just that I'm not in the market for a new vehicle for the foreseeable future.

csm
07-27-2008, 07:43 PM
and I just bought a new vehicle. and no free jersey either.

El Chaba
07-28-2008, 06:39 AM
I would be all over the promotion...and would own a SAAB again if they had a d@mn dealership within 100 miles!!!! Great cars WAY too few sales/service locations....

Tom Kellogg
07-28-2008, 08:30 AM
I am glad that Saab is sponsoring cycling, at least in a roundabout way through Versus advertising. Our family has owned Saabs for many years and love them. We sold our second one last year with 200,000 miles on it while it was still solid. Our youngest daughter has an '03 9-3, mine is an '04 9-3 and June's is an '06 9-3 Combi. All of our current ones were bought off-lease so all three together cost about what one costs new. Great cars. Fun to drive, fast, handle amazingly, comfortable, slick interiors (sterios are marginal), 32-36 mpg highway with cruise, no kidding.

The trick to owning a Saab is to have a GOOD dealer in your neighborhood. You are likely to have a few annoying issues early on in ownership. Generally electrical or "rattle" related stuff. Once the dealer takes care of them through warranty, you will be done with it. Solid cars.