PDA

View Full Version : this is your bike on cross...

shinomaster
10-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Any questions? ha ha ha.. :banana: :banana: :banana:

shinomaster
10-18-2004, 11:01 PM
I have never had more fun. I would encourage all of you who have the slightest interest to get a cheap cross bike like I did and try racing in the next few weeks. Cross season is short so don't wait till next year!! Great bikes for around a grand are available from companies like:

Redline
fuji
kona
felt
trek
cannondale

Remember you can always upgrade the parts later!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

alembical
10-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Shino, that is one large smiley face. :D

Did you race this past weekend as well? How did it go? If you plan on racing this next week, let me know (at least so you can have a ride).

Alembical

shinomaster
10-19-2004, 12:59 AM
Ben..I didn't race yesterday..I was hung over and too tired!! My new squeeze had a party and wanted me there...Bummer...Racing VS. Girl...???

Tough call... Racing gave me a cramp and made my want to puke last week...hmmmm...

Next week!!! :banana:

RABikes2
10-19-2004, 01:11 AM
Ben..I didn't race yesterday..I was hung over and too tired!! My new squeeze had a party and wanted me there...Bummer...Racing VS. Girl...???

Tough call... Racing gave me a cramp and made my want to puke last week...hmmmm...

Next week!!! :banana:

Hey Shino...I'm a female and in the "racing vs girl" question...you mean you have to think about it? :D However if your "new squeeze" gets out on the bike too...then you'd have the best of both worlds! :banana: :p

No comments on the smiley face... :p

shinomaster
10-19-2004, 01:34 AM
I chose girl....and all her glory...

RABikes2
10-19-2004, 05:51 AM
Lucky girl and good choice on your part! ;) You can still get her out on a bike! :D

Ray
10-19-2004, 07:01 AM
Great bikes for around a grand are available from companies like:

Redline
fuji
kona
felt
trek
cannondale

Don't forget Surly, Lemond, and Jamis. And there are plenty of old road frames with more clearance than modern racers that'll work just fine too.

-Ray

shinomaster
10-19-2004, 04:05 PM
the problem with road frames is getting the fatter tires through the brake calipers.

Now I wish I raced on Sunday...boo hoo