PDA

View Full Version : K Bedford Customs......LUST!!!!

Pete Serotta
07-23-2008, 06:04 PM
http://kbedfordcustoms.com/kbf/Home.html

Pete Serotta
07-23-2008, 06:06 PM
• Primary frame builder during the Huffy / Serotta sponsored generation of the 7 / 11 cycling team
• Designer of the TDF lugset
• Head production and custom framebuilder from 1987 through 1982
• Personally built the entire first year contingent of frames for the Coors Light cycling team
• Was extremely fortunate and honored to be able play a significant role in the growth of two incredible master framebuilders, David Kirk and Keith Cylinsky
• For the past ten years have designed nearly all custom frames built by Serotta.
• Have worked in virtually all areas of production from purchasing all the way through to final assembly and shipping.
• Have assisted R&D in development of virtually every model of frame produced from 1987 to present day.

Ahneida Ride
07-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Nah ... one inherits a lot LOT more.

If one ever met Kelly, one would understand.

The guy is a consciences perfectionist.

Pete Serotta
07-23-2008, 06:30 PM
agreed........He is an ARTIST, Craftsman, and World Class Frame Builder (yeah he Fly Fishes also) :cool:

Smiley
07-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Talk about being excited to see the final product. I got me a Bedford :)

rnhood
07-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Nice looking frames but, $3K....ouch!

Ahneida Ride
07-23-2008, 08:17 PM
don't blame the builder for frn dilution. ;)

Peter B
07-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Sometimes...you get what you pay for.

Let's see some pics of the finished works!

Sandy
07-24-2008, 12:37 AM
Nice looking frames but, $3K....ouch!

So let's assume that you could purchase a frame and fork for $1,000. You save $2,000. Say you keep the bike for 8 years. You have saved $250 a year, which is less than 70 cents/day.Do you not think that over those 8 years (probably much longer) you would not receive 70 cents/day more enjoyment by riding a bike designed and built by a master and painted by a superb crafstman? You would be ridng a steel bike creation as good as it gets, in design, build, finish, and paint. Isn't that worth 70 cents extra/day ??

Sandy

fierte_poser
07-24-2008, 01:05 AM
If I had $3k to spend on a frame/fork, I would go here:

http://www.serotta.com/cda/index.html

I really like that particular paint job, except for the ugly CDA decal. I would skip that part. Otherwise, with Gold Shamal Ultras and Record it would be a seriously sweet ride!

Steelhead
07-24-2008, 07:54 AM
I have a custom CDA, measured and designed in early 2007, so does this mean that Kelly likely had his hands in the mix? My fitter took all the measurements and we talked about what I wanted as an end result and he sent it all in to Serotta, and I got exactly what I wanted. Very cool to see stuff like this ! :)

Chris
07-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Frames from the likes of Mr. Bedford, Sachs, Kirk, Goodrich, etc. are not great values for the money, but they are worth every cent IMHO. Having something built by a craftsman with whom you have a relationship is simply at a different level and appreciation than having a frame (equally adept at doing its job) built in a factory in a far off land.

EDS
07-24-2008, 09:10 AM
http://kbedfordcustoms.com/kbf/Home.html

Why the lust? Don't you already have one?

frogpirate
07-24-2008, 10:49 AM
So let's assume that you could purchase a frame and fork for $1,000. You save $2,000. Say you keep the bike for 8 years. You have saved $250 a year, which is less than 70 cents/day.Do you not think that over those 8 years (probably much longer) you would not receive 70 cents/day more enjoyment by riding a bike designed and built by a master and painted by a superb crafstman? You would be ridng a steel bike creation as good as it gets, in design, build, finish, and paint. Isn't that worth 70 cents extra/day ??
Sandy

Enaber. :p Damn, I like the way you rationalize.

Life is too short to compromise on BICYLES!! (or motorcycles!)

Pete Serotta
07-24-2008, 12:51 PM
:beer: I have not seen or rode it....Will happen at Finger Lakes Ramble...... LUST can be anytime though.......

Why the lust? Don't you already have one?

BumbleBeeDave
07-24-2008, 12:53 PM
I guess i could go ride it FOR YOU and let them know how it feels?

BBD

EDS
07-24-2008, 01:16 PM
:beer: I have not seen or rode it....Will happen at Finger Lakes Ramble...... LUST can be anytime though.......

That makes sense then. Hopefully your lust will turn to love once you start spinning the cranks!

Ahneida Ride
07-24-2008, 02:25 PM
I've seen her ! :beer:

Ahneida Ride
07-25-2008, 05:05 PM

I've seen Pete's bike.

One knows immediately when something is right.

Smiley
07-25-2008, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=Ahneida Ride]I've seen Pete's bike.

One knows immediately when something is right.[/QUOTE

I just got off the phone with Master Builder Bedford and my fixee is off to JB and so is my final payment to the Master himself :)

Jack Brunk
07-25-2008, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=Ahneida Ride]I've seen Pete's bike.

One knows immediately when something is right.[/QUOTE

I just got off the phone with Master Builder Bedford and my fixee is off to JB and so is my final payment to the Master himself :)
Smileman,

Which frame will arrive first, your Bedford or my Kirk JKS Terraplane? Mine went out yesterday and Montana is a lot closer to California than New York. At least we should receive ours around the same time. I can't wait to see yours. I might even make a trip down to JB's when they are close to being finished.

Smiley
07-25-2008, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=Smiley]
Smileman,

Which frame will arrive first, your Bedford or my Kirk JKS Terraplane? Mine went out yesterday and Montana is a lot closer to California than New York. At least we should receive ours around the same time. I can't wait to see yours. I might even make a trip down to JB's when they are close to being finished.
Depends, I told JB exactly how I wanted it painted no guessing on his part. Thanks check up on it for me, Thanks Jack and is yours a new 58 cm frame BTW :)

mikki
07-26-2008, 12:09 AM
"I must express my gratitude to Ben Serotta for not only helping me to me develop and polish my frame building skills, but also for allowing me to grow within the company over my 21 years at Serotta and for opening the door for me to pursue my own frame business aspirations while remaining at Serotta."
Kelly Bradford

I am deeply impressed with Ben Serotta having the inspirational mindset to nurture and support Kelly's dreams while he was working @ Serotta. As a business owner myself, I find this attitude an example of someone with a higher state of consciousness than usually exist in business models. Kudos to Ben!!

There is another company out here on the west coast "Lulumon Athletica" that teaches it's "educators" (sales staff) to get to know their customers goals in life and health. They also have a commitment to inspire their staff to attain their life goals; similar to what Ben does. Would be wonderful if companies all had such lofty commitments.

Kelly's bikes are a work of art.

Pete Serotta
07-26-2008, 11:43 AM
As a business owner myself, I find this attitude an example of someone with a higher state of consciousness than usually exist in business models. Kudos to Ben!!

Would be wonderful if companies all had such lofty commitments.

Kelly's bikes are a work of art.

Yes it is too bad other companies and not more like this.... Mikki, you need to come to RAMBLE!!