PDA

View Full Version : Hit-and-run x2 within 4 hours of each other

legacysti888
07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080723/NEWS01/807230387&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

If I ever get my hands and Dr Marten's shoes on the drivers... Grrrrrr... :crap:

I simply abhor them cowards! :mad:

BumbleBeeDave
07-23-2008, 01:59 PM
. . . is that it IS an island and apparently the striking vehicle sustained damage that may make it hard for the perp to hide it for long unless he totally ditches the vehicle.

But either way, there's a special place in my version of Hell for drivers who strike someone, realize it, and still run away.

BBD

chuckred
07-23-2008, 02:14 PM
The other was a different driver who stayed according to the article.

Not that it hurts less...

Be careful out there!

legacysti888
07-23-2008, 02:35 PM
chuckred: Yes, my bad. It just makes me boiling mad whenever a fellow cyclist gets killed by a reckless driver.

A close friend of mine died a horrible death by a drunk driver years ago.
I witnessed his mangled body and bike being dragged under a truck for over 50feet. It's still clear as day in my mind.

maunahaole
07-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Good points BBD, but the problem is that there are a lot of folks driving POS cars here and despite the density, it actually is pretty easy to ditch a car, especially for purposes of backyard repair. I get the feeling that this is not going to be a big priority for the local PD either. I'd like to be proven wron on that point in particular.

The fact is the this place is a confluence of poor road design and bad (both in skill behind the wheel and knowledge of traffic laws) drivers. Riding a bike in some spots is very dangerous.