PDA

View Full Version : Versus-TdF Coverage Tuesday July 23rd

rdparadise
07-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Well, I'm wondering if others had the same experience as me. I went to watch the extended evening coverage of the TdF last night and they were showing Golf? ***?

Website, and cable guide all showed that TdF was supposed to be on. I was on Comcast digital, channel 207 here in the Philly burbs? Anyone else have this experience, or was I the only one blacked out?

Unhappy camper.

Bob

johnnymossville
07-23-2008, 01:46 PM
I'd call, wait, I'd drive downtown to the Comcast Center and raise h e l l.

Ray
07-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Well, I'm wondering if others had the same experience as me. I went to watch the extended evening coverage of the TdF last night and they were showing Golf? ***?

Website, and cable guide all showed that TdF was supposed to be on. I was on Comcast digital, channel 207 here in the Philly burbs? Anyone else have this experience, or was I the only one blacked out?

Unhappy camper.

Bob
207 is VSGOLF. Regular VS is channel 60 (I'm also on Philly area Comcast). The bike race was on 60. 207 is the Hi-Def channel, but they don't show the race in hi-def anyway, so it doesn't matter which channel you watch it on. If they pull the same thing tonight, just switch over to 60. You don't want to miss today's stage.

-Ray

rdparadise
07-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Ray:

It actually looks like regular versus is channel 28 because I'm on Digital Premier programming.

The other nights it was on 207 and I had checked the regular channel but must have missed 28 being versus.

Thanks folks.

Bob

ergott
07-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Tuesday the 23rd?

Yesterday was a rest day. It was also the 22nd. Today was nice to watch if you get to.

Squint
07-25-2008, 10:32 AM
I don't live in the same area but I'm a Comcast customer in another area.

Versus on analog is 480x480. Versus on digital is 704x480 and looks noticeably better. On the HD Golf/VS channel, it's 1920x1080 with 240 pixel bars on each side. It's obviously upconverted but still looks better than the analog or digital SD broadcasts.

I always record the live morning broadcast on the Golf channel and it's always broadcast to completion, pre-empting golf, fishing, rodeo, cage fighting or world's strongest man.