PDA

View Full Version : full finger summer gloves

dave1215
07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
i really enjoy full finger gloves in all weather conditions since they provide that extra degree of protection in the event of a fall and, more importantly, they enable me to reach down while in motion to scrape road debris off rotating tires with my finger tips.

other than the pearl izumi pittards, which i wear, what alternative summer weight full finger gloves are there?

A.L.Breguet
07-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I have a pair of SixSixOne Raji pittards that are great, even when it's stinkin hot like this past weekend.
I got them at Sid's in NYC. They have a website.

Bruce K
07-21-2008, 07:09 PM
I am killing myself looking for a pair of the 661's locally.

With the CO trip just 1 week away I'm either going to have to mail order and expedite shipping or live without.

I have a pair of Dakine gloves that I like a lot too.

BK

Kurt
07-21-2008, 07:23 PM
pearl also makes a nice light one, dont know the name but it has some blue bits on it. it also fits exactly like the incline which means longs slots for the fingers

bozman
07-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Oakley makes several long finger models but I am pretty sure that none of them have any padding in the palm. Specialized makes a BG long finger glove that is very nice, too, atmo.

dave1215
07-22-2008, 07:22 PM
good suggestions - thanks for those...

Cdub
07-23-2008, 08:43 AM
I have some Specialized ones that have a full mesh backing. Very light, good grip and not hot.

07-23-2008, 12:05 PM
For what you're describing, do what track sprinters do: summer-weight wide receiver gloves (super tacky palms, very lightweight, well ventilated), batting gloves (even more ventilation, less tack), or even golfing gloves (less durable and a bit more expensive because it's golf). Prices are a lot less than comparable cycling gloves, quality is higher, and you can brush grit til the cows come home. Less bulk than MTB gloves.

dave1215
07-23-2008, 12:33 PM
For what you're describing, do what track sprinters do: summer-weight wide receiver gloves (super tacky palms, very lightweight, well ventilated), batting gloves (even more ventilation, less tack), or even golfing gloves (less durable and a bit more expensive because it's golf). Prices are a lot less than comparable cycling gloves, quality is higher, and you can brush grit til the cows come home. Less bulk than MTB gloves.

i always wondered about that - now, with your recommendation, i'm off to my local sporting goods store.

thanks, lane.

Volant
07-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Out in the country, Wells-Lamont work well too. :rolleyes: