PDA

View Full Version : MS150 Keystone Country Ride

rwsaunders
07-21-2008, 10:11 AM
It was extremely hot (low 90's) and humid this past weekend, but this ride was really well organized and very scenic. We didn't encounter as many hills as the Escape to the Lake ride that we have done in the past, but nobody was complaining. We encountered some very friendly cyclists on the route (at least a dozen Serotta bros) and the hospitality was second to none. How do you say no to homemade cookies and ice cream at a rest stop?

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/rwsaunders_bucket/MS150%202008/

MilanoTom
07-21-2008, 12:12 PM
I know that MS-150 tours aren't the kind of "big deal" that rides like the PMC are, but the volunteers are great and the rides are extremely well supported. I've also noticed that organizers don't rest on their laurels, but instead pay attention to feedback and work to improve from one year to the next.

Regards.
Tom

Flat Out
07-22-2008, 07:35 AM
I have MS so thanks for riding.

imm
08-18-2008, 07:39 PM
I suspect as they keep raising the minimum to ride the PMC, the MS150's will become more popular. They are great rides for a great cause!

xjoex
08-19-2008, 08:09 AM
That looks like an awesome ride.

-Joe

Larry D
08-19-2008, 11:50 AM
The MS rides are a good time. I rode the Green Mountain Getaway two weekends ago fior the fifth year. Great volunteers and staff and beautiful scenery in Southern Vermont.

I also agree that with the minimum fund raising going up each year the PMC becomes more difficult for the averge person to get into. Do not get me wrong, the Dana Faber Institute and Jimmy Fund do great work and need every dime they can raise.

~10% of our Team, the Chainwringers, were on Serottas, 5 of them. 3 Legends, an Atlanta, an Otrott, and a Colorado III. Quite a few other Serottas were also being ridden.

To all of the forum members who ride for various charities, THANk YOU.

stormyClouds
08-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Looks like fun, and of course a great cause. Thanks for the pics.
I am signed up and fundraising for the City to Shore MS150 in New Jersey (in late September).
Is anyone else from the forum doing that ride? Would love to meet up with you.

rwsaunders
08-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Looks like fun, and of course a great cause. Thanks for the pics.
I am signed up and fundraising for the City to Shore MS150 in New Jersey (in late September).
Is anyone else from the forum doing that ride? Would love to meet up with you.

Two of my friends who have ridden the Escape to the Lake in the past, are signed up for the ride. I'll send them your info and see if you fellows can meet.

stormyClouds
08-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Two of my friends who have ridden the Escape to the Lake in the past, are signed up for the ride. I'll send them your info and see if you fellows can meet.

Very cool. Thanks much.