PDA

View Full Version : brooks/moots post question...squeaking!

linger
07-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Wondered if anyone else has had similiar problems. I think it's the saddle, but not sure. I have a moots ti seatpost, not the new design, the older, and a brooks B 17 special on my mtn. bike. I am sure it's one of the two causing all the noise. I have greased the saddle rails before clamping to try and pinpoint the squeaks. Anyone else have issues with either the moots post and another saddle or a brooks and any seatpost? Don't think I need to tighten the leather yet, but wanted to ask. Any input is appreciated. Have to wonder if I should apply grease to the circular clamps inside the post, but I figure that would only lead to slips.....

Thanks.

Peter B
07-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Might be the tension shackle on the Brooks rubbing against the nose of the rail. Try putting a few drops of Triflow or similar lube there. Worked for me w/ a similar setup.

redir
07-21-2008, 09:09 AM
I have a Brooks Swift on a Thomson seat post stuck into a Moots compact. The saddle does indeed squeak. I just thought it was a Brooks thing and left it at that. I just got used to it. It's probably the saddle. I may try the Triflow method and see what happens.

linger
07-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Man, it's a lot of squeaking though, isn't it? I will try the tri flow as well.

redir
07-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Actually I meant to say htat mine isn't all that bad. When I hit just the right bump or sometimes when getting in and out of the saddle it squeaks but not all the time.

But the trade off in comfort is oh so worth it imo.