PDA

View Full Version : Question on Campy bar end shifters

sokyroadie
07-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Help!

I am building my Serotta TT bike and the Campy bar end shifter instructions are basically useless, I have 2 questions:

Does the cable go on top or under the Aero bars? I had the cable under the bar but it put the adjustment screw for the cable on top which does not seem right, I switched to on top of bar but the shifting seems strange.
Left side - push forward to go to big ring
Right side - push forward to go to larger cassette.

How do you change wheels if you use Campy brakes since there is no release on either item.

Thanks,

Jeff

Gothard
07-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Put the cable housing under the bar, and it will shift like downtube shifters.

As for the brakes, Campy brakes need levery that have a release option. Or use 20-22mm tires and no need for a release.

wasfast
07-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Under is correct, such that you are looking at the fine adjustment screw on the right shifter. Otherwise, you have the cables on top of the bars which will be in the way of your hands.

What I did to get around the no brake release is to set the brakes up so the fine adjustment for the brake cable on the caliper end is turned up quite a ways. To change wheels, squeeze the brake and give the knob a spin then change the wheel. I don't run my brakes real close to the rims mostly because my Renn Madeira disc as well as Zipp 440 front are rather untrue so perfect adjustment of the adjuster on the brake when going back to operation position isn't critical.