PDA

View Full Version : My bargain TT frame

sokyroadie
07-15-2008, 08:51 PM
I sold my TT bike a couple of months ago and have been looking for a reasonably priced frame to build up. I saw this frameset on Ebay almost 2 months ago for $1000.00 and have been trying to deal (talk them down) but to no avail. The other night I saw the Microsoft live promo which was good for 25% on a buy it now on Ebay for up to $250.00 off. So I got this frameset for $750.00. It is a new 2005 Serotta CXII :D

Should I swap the silver headset for black?

It looks like the welds were ground because they are really smooth.

It will be a full Campy build.

Jeff

Fixed
07-15-2008, 08:56 PM
no it matches the seat collar imho
cheers enjoy the new bike
cheers

Louis
07-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Should I swap the silver headset for black?

I think that there's enough white on there also that the silver looks fine. If it were only red and black I'd agree that a black H/S would match, but in this case, I'd leave it as it is. If for some reason the H/S were shot and you had to replace it, then maybe consider black, but for now don't bother.

Louis

sn69
07-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Congrats!

You know, it'd really bring out the silver if you went with a silver seatpost, silver spacers and a silver Syntace F99 stem. Wow. Add that to white bar tape and you'd have a stunning TT/Tri rig.

Again, great score. I've often longed to find a similar deal in my size since foolishly selling my CIII tri bike (pre CXII).

Have fun,
Scott

djg
07-16-2008, 06:47 AM
No the silver looks fine, and you'd be tossing away 100 bucks worth of your 250 dollar deal if you replaced a perfectly good headset.

Good find, btw-- ride it hard.