PDA

View Full Version : US Transplant Games

rwsaunders
07-13-2008, 01:16 PM
We had the pleasure of having Forumite RPM join us today for our Sunday coffee shop ride, just north of Pittsburgh. Ron is in town to compete in the Games and he and his wife traveled from Minnesota to be here. Ron had posted on the Forum, requesting information on things to do in Pittsburgh while in town, so we offered to have him ride with us. He was kind enough to take us up on our offer.

28 miles to the coffee shop in Sewickley and 18 miles back to North Park, with a decent amount of hills mixed in for fun. Add a sprinkle of rain and some decent humidity...welcome to Summer in the 'Burgh, Ron. He had his good looking blue Strong bike kitted out with the new SRAM Red and it was geared just right for the hills.

We had some great conversation regarding Ron's transplant and his participation throughout the years with the Games. My friends and I were impressed not only with his riding skills, but with his obvious outlook on the positive side of life.

Good luck to Ron in the Games on Tuesday! :beer:

PS Ron is in the GSteiner kit, my friends Rich and Rick are in the gold IPA jersey and hi-viz jersey.

jklm676
07-16-2008, 07:14 AM
Creativity audio books, CDs, tapes, cassettes used and new, audio, use SPIRITUAL WORLD AUDIO CASSETTES (http://www.amazon.com/SPIRITUAL-WORLD-AUDIO-CASSETTES/dp/B001CKUVA6?tag=gamazon-20)

really a nice job

share it thanks

rpm
07-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks a ton, Bob! The Games and Pittsburgh were great! After some last minute repairs at the Pittsburgh Pro bike shop, I hit the course in the only bike races where you have to be on drugs in order to compete. Pittsburgh has more than a few hills and it was a tough course, but I felt good, and came away with a silver medal in the time trial and a bronze in the road race.

But the best part was just sharing being alive and healthy with 1400 other people who would be gone if it weren't for the generosity of others, as well as over 1000 family members who donated the organs of loved ones. There are 100,000 people now on the waiting list who would like to be in our shoes.

Bob was a terrific host and I came away with the belief that Pittsburgh has to be one of the friendliest cities in the country.