PDA

View Full Version : What do you have on order?

Redturbo
01-08-2004, 08:26 AM
Given the diversity of this forum and its followers, I thought it may be interesting to see what bikes/frame/model you might have on order and/or be waiting for this winter? Serotta,Peg,Nago,Seven,Sachs,Kirk,Merckx,Calfee,Pa rlee,etc etc.....

turbo

djg
01-08-2004, 10:11 AM
I'm a very minor league multiple bike owner: two road bikes, one Serotta and one Colnago--very different but both sweet--and one budget mtb. Surely I could do with less. Just as surely, I could get more. Lots of things look pretty. Lots of things look intriguing. And I've been toying with the idea of a budget fixie. But while I don't see anything wrong with the idea of collecting bicycles, one of my goals for the year is to be satisfied with what I have and to cool it with major bike purchases.

weisan
01-08-2004, 10:24 AM
djg, I am totally with you on that one!

Last week, a dangerous thought rose up in mind.....In less than six months, I have acquired two used Serottas -- a Legend Ti and a Serotta Colorado. I got the steel bike just because I have riding on an aluminium Cannondale for about two years and want to "re-live"the feeling of steel magic. I used to ride on a CroMoly Olmo 10 years ago and still missed that ride.

Anyway, the dangerous thought I had was I am picking up my Legend more and more these days for my rides. The Colorado is sitting on one corner pretty lonely and I am thinking of selling it...I have heard several times comments that people made like...

"I used to own this steel bike...it's a sweet ride, too bad I got rid of it...I wish I still have it...blah blah blah...."

Maybe I should just be contended with what I have and not thinking about selling or buying anything from now on....hmmm.

Sandy
01-08-2004, 12:08 PM
I have 2 bikes, both Serottas. I really don't think that will change for many years, if ever. At 63, and a poor family medical history, I hope I have a substantial number of healthy years left to enjoy the 2 great bikes that I have. My second Serotta fits me much better than my first, and I enjoy riding it even more than the first. I have goals this year in substantially improving my cycling, and I actually believe that these goals are certainly obtainable. That really tells me something about the sport of cycling, that at age 63 you plan to improve. That isn't so easily done in so many other sports, I think.

shinomaster
01-08-2004, 12:15 PM
When do we get to see a photo of your new love??

Sandy
01-08-2004, 12:25 PM
I am going to ask Smiley to take a picture for me and post it, since I have no ability to do such. Please don't tell Kevan, since he believes that he is my first and only love.

S AA NNN DDDD YYYYY

BumbleBeeDave
01-08-2004, 01:13 PM
. . . be wearing that sexy Norma Kamali gown Kevan has told me about?

Hubba, Hubba!! :D

BBDave

mavic1010
01-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Sachs on order...will be receiving it winter 2005??! Hopefully I'll be able to visit richie within the next 18 months so that he can do a personal fitting.

Bruce K
01-08-2004, 02:13 PM
The Ottrott was last years big purchase.

Actually going to try and shed a bike or two this year (at least 1 Santa Cruz MTB and possibly a REAL low end road bike).

If there are any new purchases it will be because my son is growing like a weed and may outgrow his Trek 5200 Project One.

If that happens I will need to replace his frame and fork.

This year - more riding/less buying.

BK

vaxn8r
01-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Calfee Tetra Pro.....since middle of October. Not that I'd ride it in this crappy weather we've had the last month but I want it and I want it NOW:mad: