PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead, make my day....

Bruce K
07-10-2008, 04:01 PM
We all talk about the bad stuff said to us from cars while we're out on the road but 3 young ladies in a Ford Focus made my riding day today.

I was out doing a semi comfortable cruise after last night's TT. As I am coming up to a set of railroads tracks and slowing, a car comes up on my left and I hear a female voice say "Nice butt!" to which I turn and reply "Thanks!" as they drive off.

I did hear laugther and a hand waved out the window as they departed.

I guess the diet and mileage are paying off. :cool:

BK

fiamme red
07-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Maybe they were referring to the butted tubing on your Serotta. ;)

Sandy
07-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Maybe they were referring to the butted tubing on your Serotta. ;)

Nope. They would have said "Nice butt" 3 times. His Serotta has triple butted tubing. ;) :D

Simple Sandy

gone
07-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Nice but...

... your stem is a little too short, you should lower your bars a bit and what's up with that cheesy seat post?

Bike critics are everywhere :D

barry1021
07-11-2008, 08:56 AM
"Nice, but........." :cool:

Kevan
07-11-2008, 09:10 AM
I thought I recognized the voice, it was Sandy's.

bike <3'er
07-11-2008, 09:46 AM
I was in that group last night. I can verify the young college ladies said, "Nice butt!" However, what BruceK didn't hear as their car pulled ahead of him, the girls also offered, "But what a small package!"

:beer:

Sandy
07-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I was in that group last night. I can verify the young college ladies said, "Nice butt!" However, what BruceK didn't hear as their car pulled ahead of him, the girls also offered, "But what a small package!"

:beer:

Actually it was said in one sentence- "Nice, but(t) what a small package!" ;)

Sandy

Ray
07-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Jeez, tough crowd. No moment for you Bruce!

-Ray

Kevan
07-11-2008, 11:33 AM
how are we to comment or agree? And do we really want to encourage such show and tell? There enough desk sitters here to support the answer: NO!

Just saying.

bike <3'er
07-11-2008, 11:35 AM
how are we to comment or agree? And do we really want to encourage such show and tell? There enough desk sitters here to support the answer: NO!

Just saying.

Forget the butt, post a pic of said Ford Focus with the three ladies!

Kevan
07-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Forget the butt, post a pic of said Ford Focus with the three ladies!

What was I thinking???

MarleyMon
07-11-2008, 11:42 AM

BK
Cool - a little positive reinforcement helps. Good for a smile, eh?

Now someone please tell me - is "Hey bubble butt!" a complement if it comes from a passing car full of giggling girls?

Kevan
07-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Cool - a little positive reinforcement helps. Good for a smile, eh?

Now someone please tell me - is "Hey bubble butt!" a complement if it comes from a passing car full of giggling girls?

you need new shorts.

Karin Kirk
07-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Just please reassure us that you weren't wearing white shorts...

MarleyMon
07-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Perish the thought!

Mike "sittin' on my back porch" Marley

barry1021
07-11-2008, 12:41 PM

Just saying.

I would be in a, um, position to take a picture of said butt this Sunday. That is to say that we are riding the Davis Phinney ride and, um, should the board request a picture, well, to meet the board's request, I s'pose I could snap a photo. Geez, I am breaking into a sweat just typing this.....

b21

39cross
07-11-2008, 12:51 PM
I would be in a, um, position to take a picture of said butt this Sunday. That is to say that we are riding the Davis Phinney ride and, um, should the board request a picture, well, to meet the board's request, I s'pose I could snap a photo. Geez, I am breaking into a sweat just typing this.....

b21We'll get a picture and put up a poll, it'll be even more fun than Bruce would have imagined! ;)
Now accepting input for polling questions...

MarleyMon
07-11-2008, 12:54 PM
... we are riding the Davis Phinney ride ...

b21
I know BruceK won't mind this thread drift - Davis Phinney just had a birthday this week!
Any update on progress with the latest surgery?

Bruce K
07-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Geez what a tough crowd. Looks like we're getting our sense of humor back after all. :D

I guess I'll have to pedal REAL fast to avoid barry and his camera on Sunday. :crap:

No, the shorts weren't white (God forbid !! :eek: ). I was actually wearing my Fat Cat Bicycles Mangenta, gray, and black kit (courtesy of Bill Bove) at the time.

As for Davis, the last word I heard was that the surgeries had gone very well and the neural implants were in the process og being fine tuned. Initial results were pretty remarkable. It looked like it was going to allow Davis to finally begin to travel more.

The best part of all is that now he will be able to go to the World Track Championships and then on the Beijing with Taylor and the rest of the family. :banana:

I should be able to get a little more info when I get out to Colorado in 2.5 weeks for Copper Triangle as I will be connecting with some of the Davis Phinney Foundation folks when I get there.

BK

Waldo
07-11-2008, 02:10 PM
We all talk about the bad stuff said to us from cars while we're out on the road but 3 young ladies in a Ford Focus made my riding day today.

I was out doing a semi comfortable cruise after last night's TT. As I am coming up to a set of railroads tracks and slowing, a car comes up on my left and I hear a female voice say "Nice butt!" to which I turn and reply "Thanks!" as they drive off.

I did hear laugther and a hand waved out the window as they departed.

BK

13 years ago a friend and I were riding through San Ramon. Several teenage girls were walking in the opposite direction. As we passed them, one said, "Hey!" My friend turned around, I didn't. She flashed him. I still regret not looking back.

johnnymossville
07-11-2008, 02:21 PM
13 years ago a friend and I were riding through San Ramon. Several teenage girls were walking in the opposite direction. As we passed them, one said, "Hey!" My friend turned around, I didn't. She flashed him. I still regret not looking back.

LOL, yeah, you suck!

Chances like that don't come around very often, well, unless you spend time at Bike Week in Daytona or any Nascar event. hehe

I was riding once and a bus full of high school girls, (field hockey team was my guess), slowly rode past, windows down, whistling at me and stuff, I looked up as it passed. two girls in the back mooned me. I saw 4 really nice cheeks pressed up against the bus glass.

jmeloy
07-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Recently I was out solo and got yelled at twice in the first hour for no reason. Then an hour or so later I got yelled at again and, fed up, starting screaming back. Just had had enough. Got to the light and the car was there a young guy leaned out and said "hey we were just complimenting your Grateful Dead jersey!" I apologized profusely and went back to my approach of just smiling when it happens! :o

Ginger
07-11-2008, 07:37 PM

Nooo he was wearing those bubblegum pink ones.

:)

michael white
07-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Geez what a tough crowd. Looks like we're getting our sense of humor back after all. :D

I guess I'll have to pedal REAL fast to avoid barry and his camera on Sunday. :crap:

No, the shorts weren't white (God forbid !! :eek: ). I was actually wearing my Fat Cat Bicycles Mangenta, gray, and black kit (courtesy of Bill Bove) at the time.

As for Davis, the last word I heard was that the surgeries had gone very well and the neural implants were in the process og being fine tuned. Initial results were pretty remarkable. It looked like it was going to allow Davis to finally begin to travel more.

The best part of all is that now he will be able to go to the World Track Championships and then on the Beijing with Taylor and the rest of the family. :banana:

I should be able to get a little more info when I get out to Colorado in 2.5 weeks for Copper Triangle as I will be connecting with some of the Davis Phinney Foundation folks when I get there.

BK

You're pretty suave, actually. Some slightly older guys are known to fall down when they hear something like that. As the Ford squeals its tires (don't ask me how I know).