PDA

View Full Version : Another wrench is born...

Kevan
07-10-2008, 02:40 PM
My 17 yr old son has his first official job and he's working at a popular local bike shop where much is to be learned. By me.

I need someone telling me what I'm doing wrong. My derailleurs do a lousy job stopping my bike and the calipers ain't doing much better shifting the gears.

Mia boy...he-a makes me proud!

chuckred
07-10-2008, 03:12 PM
My derailleurs do a lousy job stopping my bike!

Rule # 1 - be sure the rear derailleur won't overshift into the spokes if you try to downshift at 40 MPH when anticipating a sharp turn after stopping...

Don't ask me how I know - but it does stop the bike quite well - although with much less control than desired...

rwsaunders
07-10-2008, 10:53 PM
I smell employee discounts on parts and shop time....

Louis
07-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Maybe we should test him by sending some old guys over to the shop...

pdxmech13
07-11-2008, 12:16 AM
That is one special time in a boys life.....and I know from experience. I still talk to the people that hired me at the tender age of 14. I would consider them some of my best friends. The leasons taught their are still with me now.

rustychisel
07-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Maybe we should test him by sending some old guys over to the shop...

Ha! Yes. Grumpy old men. :cool:

Kevan
07-11-2008, 07:45 AM
Ha! Yes. Grumpy old men. :cool:

for no location disclosure, saving both the boy and the shop the grief. Let's face it, you guys can be brutal.

I've been completely hands off. No talking to the shop owner who I know real well and have ridden with. I've offered to show my boy a thing or two, but I feel it's better that he learn things the shop's way. 'sides he can show me a thing or two that I haven't learned.

I have no intention of taking advantage of the situation, even if it's offered. Well...maybe for some inner tubes, maybe.

csm
07-11-2008, 07:47 AM
at 41, I still work pt at the shop I started in at 15.

kitty4uhi
07-13-2008, 09:28 AM
We're pleased to offer a preview of the first global wow gold (http://www.ugamegold.com) Arena Tournament, which is scheduled to begin on Friday, February 16. In this one-of-a-kind competition, Burning Crusade players will have the chance to demonstrate their prowess and vie for the title of best wow gold (http://www.ugamegold.com)PvP team on the planet. Click the link above to check out the preview, and be sure to visit the Arena System page for a general overview of Arena combat.