PDA

View Full Version : Springfield, Illinois Riding

trophyoftexas
07-10-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm heading back up to Traverse City, Michigan to ride for a week or two and wanted to stop and do a little 25-30 miler on the way up on a Sunday morning. I'm probably going to be up around Springfield at about the right time....anyone out there that can clue me in on a nice, smooth route for someone that doesn't have much local knowledge? Hills are OK but for this little "break from the car," flattish would probably be better and quicker for us to ride and then be back on the road within a couple of hours. I've toured all of the Lincoln stuff countless times but have never thought about riding around that area...help a forumite out will ya!!?

Louis
07-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Try these guys: http://www.spfldcycling.org/index.htm

If you're in St Louis instead, I can certainly hook up with you around here...

Louis

trophyoftexas
07-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Checked it out and may try to make their Sunday AM ride work for us. We'd prefer to start riding about 7AM so we can be back on the road by about 10AM but may opt-out for their 9AM ride on the 20th.
We'd ride in St. Louis with you but I think we'll make it as far as Springfield on Saturday night before stopping to sleep. We're riding a charity ride in Paris, Texas on Saturday morning and plan on showering and hitting the road by about Noon Central time and driving until we drop, figure Springfield at about 600 miles for us will be about all we'll want. If we have a change of plans and decide to stop around St. Louis I'll let you know, thanks again.