PDA

View Full Version : Great 4th weekend!

dave thompson
07-10-2008, 11:24 AM
First, I had 6 days off! (I hate when that happens)

Then, after major back surgery (L5-S1 fusion) several months ago, my wife (and riding partner) climbs back on her bike and promptly whips off 180 miles in 6 days. She's back and dyin' to ride everyday.

On July 1st my son got to sew on his sergeants stripes. Do I call him Sarge or Sir?

Late Wednesday night (July 2) we're awakened by a phone call, which my wife picks up. "Hi Mom, are you awake?" "No." "Is Dad awake?" "No." "Mom can you do me a favor?" "Sure honey, what do you need?" "Can you go downstairs and look out the front door?" "????" By this time I'm wide awake so we trudge downstairs and open the door and there stands "the Sarge" with a big grin on his face, he's flown home for the weekend!

Lotsa days off but I've been kept busy. :)

gdw
07-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Congratulations. It sounds like you're having the perfect vacation.

Call you son Sarge, he works for a living.....and give him a "gentle" tap on each arm to break in those stripes.

Louis
07-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Congratulations to your son, Dave.

Louis

Gothard
07-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Nothing like family and the pride of a son doing right.
Conratulate him for me!
And congratulate your wife as well! Can't remember the last time I did 180 in 6...

TAW
07-10-2008, 01:46 PM
There's nothing like having a few health problems that make you appreciate being able to ride and do the things you like to do. That's great for your wife, and it sounds like an excellent weekend.

rwsaunders
07-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Glad to hear about your wife's recuperation, Dave. Since you're the senior man in the household, Sarge still needs to address you as Sir. :beer:

kitty4uhi
07-13-2008, 09:29 AM
We're pleased to offer a preview of the first global wow gold (http://www.ugamegold.com) Arena Tournament, which is scheduled to begin on Friday, February 16. In this one-of-a-kind competition, Burning Crusade players will have the chance to demonstrate their prowess and vie for the title of best wow gold (http://www.ugamegold.com)PvP team on the planet. Click the link above to check out the preview, and be sure to visit the Arena System page for a general overview of Arena combat.