cheers imho

gasman
07-09-2008, 10:29 AM
the cat can fly even at 38
cheers imho

Yep. Dang impressive.

Kervin
07-09-2008, 10:33 AM
He puts out his max sprint and seems to be in the right position everytime.

skijoring
07-09-2008, 10:36 AM
the Poulidor of sprinters for sure.

fierte_poser
07-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Is this a spoiler? If so, shame on you. :no:

Boundgear
07-09-2008, 11:02 AM
big fan.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4482/bigfancosplayrs7.jpg

but seriously folks... His pro career started in 92, 6 green jerseys, 3 points jerseys at the Vuelta, he's won almost all spring racing events (except the hell of the north...), and regularly takes part in 6 day events. He's the man for our generation. Plus in some stupid late season crit in Marseilles, he landed on my wife when he crashed! (she still has a crush on him)

To Zabel!

bostondrunk
07-09-2008, 11:09 AM
the cat can fly even at 38
cheers imho

Thanks. I didn't want to watch the coverage tonight anyway.....bro, atmo.
:bike:

William
07-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks. I didn't want to watch the coverage tonight anyway.....bro, atmo.
:bike:

He didn't win Boston Bro. Just don't read the "prediction" thread...at least not all the way down.

William

Charles M
07-09-2008, 11:14 AM
the Poulidor of sprinters for sure.

Poupou didn't have 211 wins... (or 194 depending on what you count). :D

bike <3'er
07-09-2008, 11:14 AM
One of the few cyclists to admit use of EPO and it doesn't seem to haunt his career.

paulh
07-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Why all the Zabel love? Confessed doper along with Riis last year. Never had to sit out for any consequences.

Also.... Robbie Ventura.... coach/advisor/whatever to doper Landis.

Also... Frankie.... commentator/confessed doper, LA sidekick.

What ARE they doing there.

I thought this was "TAKEBACKTHETOUR" with the theme song of all past dopers sent backwards??

bostondrunk
07-09-2008, 11:20 AM
He didn't win Boston Bro. Just don't read the "prediction" thread...at least not all the way down.

William

I know. Will you kick his ass for me anyway???
;) ;)

Fixed
07-09-2008, 11:26 AM
I know. Will you kick his ass for me anyway???
;) ;)

bro he is an the yellow jersey today

bostondrunk
07-09-2008, 11:49 AM
bro he is an the yellow jersey today

Well I know thats not true, since Cancellera took it in a breakaway.
I'll be down yer way in August.
Willy, you come too, we'll get tanked. :)

chris1751
07-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Why all the Zabel love? Confessed doper along with Riis last year. Never had to sit out for any consequences.

Also.... Robbie Ventura.... coach/advisor/whatever to doper Landis.

Also... Frankie.... commentator/confessed doper, LA sidekick.

What ARE they doing there.

I thought this was "TAKEBACKTHETOUR" with the theme song of all past dopers sent backwards??

Yeah. No. who cares if Zabel doped? he rips. he is awesome. he fights and wins and fights again. VIVE ZABEL!

CPP
07-09-2008, 12:32 PM
CONFESSION OF A DOPER

One time at work, I was a little tired. You know, really NO energy, eventhough I had plenty of rest. Well, I drank 3 cups of coffee (in a row).
And then, I felt better

93legendti
07-09-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm a fan....38 yr. old against those kids in the peloton? Impressive.

I Want Sachs?
07-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah. No. who cares if Zabel doped? he rips. he is awesome. he fights and wins and fights again. VIVE ZABEL!
I disagree. If we don't care about whether Zabel doped, then why would we care if Landis, Hamilton, Armstrong, Ullrich, Basso, or Vino doped? The point is that there seems to be inconsistent treatment. What gives?

If we want to not care about doping, then just make everything legal, and we can have a super fast race and racers enter at their own health risk.

chris1751
07-09-2008, 02:45 PM
I disagree. If we don't care about whether Zabel doped, then why would we care if Landis, Hamilton, Armstrong, Ullrich, Basso, or Vino doped? The point is that there seems to be inconsistent treatment. What gives?

If we want to not care about doping, then just make everything legal, and we can have a super fast race and racers enter at their own health risk.

i for one care not in the least who dopes and who doesn't. i don't wnt to see anyone hurt, of course, and i believe in a fair fight, but that is theory, not practice. and thus, i don't care. these riders know the sport they're in, better than anyone else, let them have at it as they and only they see fit. consequences be dammed. i don't think its any more possible to "make everything legal" than it is to elimnate doping, again as evidenced by the sport itself.

I Want Sachs?
07-09-2008, 03:11 PM
I think all sports have rules, and doping rules being one of them. Just because it is hard to apply does not mean we should not have the rule.

My objection is the fact that the rules are not equally applied to Zabel compared to a lot of other riders. Basso, who had the intention, but not actually received banned substance yet (if you believe him), and admitted, was sidelined; yet Zabel, who had the intention, received, and admitted was given the green light to continue racing.

I Want Sachs?
07-09-2008, 03:17 PM
i don't think its any more possible to "make everything legal" than it is to elimnate doping, again as evidenced by the sport itself.
On the contrary, it is very easy to make everything legal. Nothing banned.

If racers dope, they put their body at risk; if they use a superlight carbon bike which broke in half on the descent, then it's their choice; if they don't wear helmet and crack their head, that was their decision.

The rules are put in place to make thing a little more even, and hopefully safer. Afterall, there are regulation about no motors on the bike to make the race more even. :beer:

Kervin
07-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Someone coming forward and saying what they did in the past, helps the sport move forward. Compare Zabel's actions with Basso's. Basso got caught and told the story that he was going to dope, but didn't start yet.

Charles M
07-09-2008, 03:29 PM
I think all sports have rules, and doping rules being one of them. Just because it is hard to apply does not mean we should not have the rule.

My objection is the fact that the rules are not equally applied to Zabel compared to a lot of other riders. Basso, who had the intention, but not actually received banned substance yet (if you believe him), and admitted, was sidelined; yet Zabel, who had the intention, received, and admitted was given the green light to continue racing.

Another way to look at it was that Basso was being investigated and didn't step forward till evidence was presented and he was positively screwed and then offered a cover more than a confesion (which is exactly what most of use would have done if faced with the same situation because anything more than that would have cost him a couple million and further court process)...

Zabel stepped up...

I don't think better of either of them. But I think less poorly of Zabel and at the end of the day I don't think either of them had a competitive advantage versus their peers...

What I do know is that Zabels record and continued effort impress me.

If this were war and not cycling Zabel would be one of the "300"

CPP
07-09-2008, 03:31 PM
I don't think anyone is for doping in any sport.
I'm just totally offended by those self righteous folks who jump on their soap boxes and point their fingers. And that includes Monsieur Prudehomme.

Fixed
07-09-2008, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=PezTech]

Zabel stepped up...

that says it all imho
cheers

gasman
07-09-2008, 07:03 PM
o

If this were war and not cycling Zabel would be one of the "300"

Oooo.... good analogy. I like it.