PDA

View Full Version : Saab ad on back of Bicycling

Kervin
07-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Did anyone see that Saab ad on the back of Bicycling. It just made me sad. I mean, here is a company (GM) that needs to not waste any money and they come up with one of the most mis-matched picture and copy I have seen. Does anyone think that bike looks "light, efficient or aerodynamic"? At first I thought it was me because I've been around bikes for a long time, but I asked some of my non-cycling co-workers and they didn't think it matched either. Oh well, whats another few large ones down the tube. :p

Charles M
07-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey I agree, but at days end I am just JACKED that a non Bike company is hitting a bike rag... I damn near bought a SAAB simply because of their support of the sport.

Now if they could just get a bike fan to help em proof the ads...

fierte_poser
07-08-2008, 06:29 PM
In my best Fixed:

bro its born from jets

fierte_poser
07-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Secondly, did you read the 'style' article inside? They made 2 points which were espoused profusely on this forum prior to the great migration:

1) wear bib shorts not bike shorts
2) put your helmet straps under your sunglasses

I grinned when I thought of the irony of receiving the same advice on style from Bicycling as from velocipedesalon.com. :p

BumbleBeeDave
07-08-2008, 07:49 PM
In my best Fixed:

bro its born from jets

. . . to "Fixed Poser?"

As for BICYCLING's advice, I would have thought you had figured out a long time ago that Swoop is StyleMan!

BBD

fierte_poser
07-08-2008, 09:02 PM
. . . to "Fixed Poser?"

As for BICYCLING's advice, I would have thought you had figured out a long time ago that Swoop is StyleMan!

BBD

Swoop is StyleMan?!? Surely you jest!

William
07-09-2008, 04:45 AM
I'll give them some props for supporting cycling in one way/shape/form.

Used to love driving my Saab......when it wasn't in the shop. :D I lost interest after they made the design change that made their cars look more like Toyotas (Not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ).

William

Sandy
07-09-2008, 07:55 AM

Used to love driving my Saab......when it wasn't in the shop. :D I lost interest after they made the design change that made their cars look more like Toyotas (Not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ).

William

I had a 1980 Saab Turbo. I also liked it a great deal when it was not in the shop. It was the only non-German produced car that I have had since 1967. I think that the main reason I never looked at a Saab again was the in the shop all the time experience.

:banana: Saab Sandy :banana:

PS- Why isn't there a simple smiley face among the smilies??

Kervin
07-09-2008, 09:27 AM
PS- Why isn't there a simple smiley face among the smilies??

:)

CNY rider
07-09-2008, 09:42 AM

William

Not Toyotas.
Subarus.
Not that there's anything wrong with that either! ;)