PDA

View Full Version : sram red crank

shotojs78
07-07-2008, 09:29 PM
ok, now, my bike was on ultegra 6600 groupo, now it's 98% sram force.... my crankset is ultegra 10 speed 6600 and I bought a sram red crank instead of my ultegra and someone told me that sram crank does not fit on every bike???? if my ultegra was on my bike, why the sram red crank with SRAM GXP BOTTOM BRACKET ENG does not work??

Michael Maddox
07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
wut?

In what manner does it not work? Rubbing chainstays? Bottom bracket won't fit? Color clashes?

shotojs78
07-07-2008, 09:40 PM
I dont know.... I did not received my crank yet.. but one guy told me that on his new scott, the groupo is sram force and the LBS put a ultegra sl crank because sram does not fit on scott, mine is not scott... maybe some scott bike have a bigger BB

RocketDog
07-07-2008, 09:49 PM
I've seen a number of scotts with red. Like the entire Saunier Duval team for example.

palincss
07-08-2008, 06:25 AM
ok, now, my bike was on ultegra 6600 groupo, now it's 98% sram force.... my crankset is ultegra 10 speed 6600 and I bought a sram red crank instead of my ultegra ...

Why? What were you hoping to achieve with this change? Was there something wrong with the Ultegra crank?

shotojs78
07-08-2008, 06:32 AM
no ,

between ultegra and sram red.. there is a huge gap!!

it's like ultegra and record

Michael Maddox
07-08-2008, 07:58 AM
There should be no reason you would have any particular problems with a Red crank on your bike, unless some issue with spindle length made the chainrings rub against the chain stay. I can't imagine, in this case, why that would occur, particularly since you're running an Ultegra crank already. External bearing, English BB widths are standard, the variation lies in the width of the external bearings and the crank spiders themselves. Anyone got some info on these variations?

We're just trying to put together some information about your question which was, unfortunately, semi-literate at best. If English is not your first language, please understand that it may take a bit to piece together what you're asking us. We'll answer you, just give us a chance.

Consider your questions, write them thoughtfully, then be reasonable about your replies and you'll have a MUCH better time here. We'd like to have you as part of the forum.