PDA

View Full Version : strange serotta sight

Tony Prioli
10-13-2004, 06:50 AM
I was browsing www.sandsmachine.com . Looking at retrofit serotta's. I noticed a colorado 3, sizzler paint, oversized tubing, no toptube decal, sloping geometry, headbadge, and chrisking ti headset. Exactly my old bike. I just sold it early this year, and this looks like my bike. I sold the bike to a guy in northern ca. I sold it on ebay, so I have no idea who the guy is. But either there is someone else out there like me, or it is my old bike. I love s&s coupler serottas, but it is a little weird to see your old bike cut and retrofitted. check out the link.http://www.sandsmachine.com/a_tic_r9.htm
Tony

LegendRider
10-13-2004, 06:54 AM
Years ago, I made a big mistake and sold my beautifuy Ferrari-red DeRosa SLX frame. Shortly after selling it I walked in my LBS and saw it in the repair stand. The new owner was a mountain biker... Need I say more? It was a total mess - I was devastated.

Sandy
10-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Strangest Serotta Sight- STill Serotta Sandy

Jeff N.
10-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Tony: Does it bring a little tear to your eye? Jeff N.

Bruce K
10-13-2004, 08:49 AM
I had a similar experience with one of my race cars.

I sold it to a group of kids from the MIT Sports Car Club and then had to watch every crash, repair, preparation error and such for the next few seasons. :crap:

By the time they were done with it, there was virtually nothing left of the original car except the frame, which had been repaired twice.

It took a long talk from my wife and a freind or two to come to the hard realization that once you part with your "baby" you somehow have to let go or you will drive yourself to drink. :beer:

BK

Tony Prioli
10-13-2004, 11:48 AM
However, I feel relieved to know, serotta for 2005 has 4 models standard with couplers. So future cutting, should not be ness. After all, selling couplers as a upcharge can be a battle, but if you add a model to the line, the customers will just "take it".

Tony

Bruce K
10-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Couplers standard ?!? :eek:

And I just bought a bike pro.

BK

Tony Prioli
10-13-2004, 12:13 PM
The new dealer handbook states
ti coupler
ti/carbon stay coupler
steel coupler
steel/carbon coupler
It basically means concours, concours cs
and c-3, or cda

Tony

TriGuy
11-13-2004, 09:17 AM
So is it really 1000-1200 for the couplers, or am I misreading the pricing?

Tony Prioli
11-13-2004, 09:29 AM
Steel bike adds just about 800.00 for couplers. But at 83.00 each way on a airplane, 10 one way trips pays the bill. Note, I saw Bill Roach today on his Legend ST, keep up with the main pack at the diabetes challenge in clearwater. He has couplers in his bike. Oh, yeah. John Howard was in that pack also. Quite a sight. I am soaking wet, just finished the ride