PDA

View Full Version : Just one Dumb question......

Trialsin1
07-04-2008, 07:56 PM
I know its probably common knowledge here but what exactly does ST stand for on Legend ST?

I would guess Soft Tail because that's what it feels like.

Thanks for any info!

toaster
07-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Standard Transmission.

crazymonk
07-04-2008, 08:20 PM
it is that really cool rear end (in the drop out) that makes the ride, oh so nice.

dekindy
07-04-2008, 08:49 PM
The only place on the Serotta website that I could find a detailed description was in the glossary section. You can also find an ST bearing tool and ST rebuild kit in the Serotta store under parts, tools, and paint.

http://www.serotta.com/technology/glossary.html

Seat Stay
The seat stay, often referred to simply as stay, connects the top of the seat tube to the rear dropouts that hold the rear wheel. Serotta has designed three different carbon seat stays for improved vertical compliance and vibration damping.

Serotta Patented Carbon Fiber Stay and Pivot System
Proprietary curved ST carbon fiber seat stay, produced in the US, is joined to the dropouts by a bearing system that allows a small degree of vertical compliance in the rear end of the bike. This added compliance helps to keep the rear tire in contact with the ground during hard cornering and acceleration while also providing increased vibration damping.
FEATURED ON: Ottrott SE, Legend SE

Sandy
07-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks. Didn't even know there was a glossary section.

Sandy

Samster
07-04-2008, 09:06 PM
"swoopy toobe"

dekindy
07-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks. Didn't even know there was a glossary section.

Sandy

I found quite a few things by going to the Serotta home page and clicking on Serotta, 4th selection on the left top menu. It brings up a menu on one page and you can look at all the selections at once. The glossary selection is in the first column.

Sandy
07-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Been on that page and never noticed the glossary category.

Sandy