PDA

View Full Version : colorado tg repair

kettel724
07-04-2008, 03:07 PM
cable stays rusted off on top tube, anyone had similar problem? dealer not sure serotta can repair because top tube too thin

David Kirk
07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Unless the tube is badly corroded it should be an easy fix.

Dave

regularguy412
07-04-2008, 03:33 PM
I had the cable stops replaced on my CSI for the very same problem, although the stops were not 'completely' gone. Part of the front one had just flaked off. Sent it back to Serotta and came back better than new. The re-paint was much better than when I originally purchased it back in 1997.

Mike in AR:beer:

kettel724
07-04-2008, 03:49 PM
if you send frame back to serotta, how long does it take for them to refurbish? i have 2 other bikes to ride, but i just love that old steel frame.

kettel724
07-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Unless the tube is badly corroded it should be an easy fix.

Dave
Thanks, think i'll send it off to Serotta and hope they can repair. They are going to charge 100 bucks to look at, but will apply towards repair if possible

regularguy412
07-04-2008, 05:18 PM
The repair itself was not expensive. I think it was around $150. I also sent my F1 fork that was , at the time, ten years old. Turns out the F1 had a loose dropout (tho I could never tell it-- no sounds, etc.). They replaced my fork free of charge (!) with an Ouzo Pro. Therefore, I had both frame and fork repainted. Repaint was approx. $600 , bringing the total to about $750. The tough part was, in the Spring of 2006 they were doing a LOT of refurbs. It took about 16 weeks from the day the LBS sent the frame off in late February until I got it back in late June. It was well worth the money AND the wait. So I got a $325 fork and lightened the front end by about a pound, in the deal.

I'm happy.:D

The wait might not be as long now. You'd have to just get the LBS to talk to K. Bedford or whomever is helping do the inspections to see what the estimated wait time is.

Mike in AR:beer:

kettel724
07-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks, I might as well give it a try, nothing to lose. Have a Softride Rocket TT and another road bike to ride for now. Nothing can compare to steel however!

ericspin
07-04-2008, 09:22 PM
kettel, I am ericspin the guy you talked to in Polk City today. What did I tell you? All the pros are here with the right answers. If Dave Kirk says it can be done then...........it can be done. Good luck on the repair and I'll keep my eye open for you.

Eric

kettel724
07-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Gonna send frame off to serotta and see what happens. Thanks for the info. Sounds like we have similar hobbies. I have a wilderness systems tarpon 140 fishing kayak and a motorcycle. Just need more time to enjoy them!