PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th of July

Sandy
07-04-2008, 02:19 AM
Happy 4th of July to all. May we remember how we gained our independence and those who sacrificed so much to keep it.

Have a wonderful, safe and healthy weekend, whatever you do and wherever you are.

Sandy

rdparadise
07-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Sandy:

Thanks for the well wishes. I got up early to do the local bike shop ride today but it's raining so that's out.

I guess I'll be able to start my weekend painting project 4 hours earlier. Here goes. Wish me luck.

Bob

toaster
07-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Have a happy fourth.

Please try to refrain from personal use of fireworks and instead support the community sponsored professional displays.

It's safer.

Sandy
07-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Sandy:

Thanks for the well wishes. I got up early to do the local bike shop ride today but it's raining so that's out.

I guess I'll be able to start my weekend painting project 4 hours earlier. Here goes. Wish me luck.

Bob

Bob- Sounds as if you are doing some interior house painting. Correct?

Sandy

Sandy
07-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Have a happy fourth.

Please try to refrain from personal use of fireworks and instead support the community sponsored professional displays.

It's safer.

I once knew a boy who lit a cherry bomb, threw it up in the air while walking, continued walking, and the cherry bomb landed in his hand immediately before it exploded.

Sandy

soulspinner
07-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Hope your 4rth is a blast Sandy! :beer:

girlie
07-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Love this document! It's just beautiful to read - and remind us what it really is all about.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

39cross
07-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Love this document! It's just beautiful to read - and remind us what it really is all about.+1.
Just finished a book on Jefferson, what a fascinating man. I am convinced however that Franklin was a true genius, a giant who would have shone in any era.

Happy 4th to all; and to our men and women serving the nation, thank you and come home safe.

mikki
07-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Had a wonderful ride up to the Huntington Beach parade...great day for riding and relaxing...HAPPY FOURTH TO EVERYONE!!

Sandy
07-04-2008, 03:15 PM
+1.
Just finished a book on Jefferson, what a fascinating man. I am convinced however that Franklin was a true genius, a giant who would have shone in any era.

Happy 4th to all; and to our men and women serving the nation, thank you and come home safe.

Think that Jefferson was extremely bright and creative too. He developed into quite an architect.

Sandy

39cross
07-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Think that Jefferson was extremely bright and creative too. He developed into quite an architect.Yupp, of course you're right Sandy, I didn't mean to diminish Mr. Jefferson and his many accomplishments; we owe him a debt of gratitude now and forever.
However, if you ever have the time or interest to pick up a good biography on Franklin you will not regret it. As a self-made man he had a genius for business, science and politics, the depth of which I am sure most Americans are unaware of. And he probably would have come up with some nice inventions around the bicycle (to steer us back on topic for a second).