PDA

View Full Version : cannondale bike???

shotojs78
07-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Hi, ok.... for kid.... I can buy a six 13 team saeco 2005, full dura ace, crank is dura ace like new.... really. 1500$

and for 300$ more, a 2008 system six 4 on sram rival.... brand new (20 miles) 1800$

I dont know which one.... I think system six is a better frame, but dura ace is better than rival..??

Michael Maddox
07-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Yes, Dura Ace is "better" than rival, but only if you're the sort who's going to notice it. Essentially, it's lighter and the shifting is different. Personally, I find that Shimano Dura Ace is the best shifting setup around for smoothness and silence. That said, I do prefer the SRAM Doubletap shifting scheme overall (what you'll find on the Rival). Thus, I have bikes equipped with both.

If it were me, I'd save a few bills and get the 2005 with Dura Ace, if only for the savings. But then, I'm not afraid of used bikes and I generally know what to look for. SRAM Rival is awfully nice, though, so if the color or the "new" factor means a lot to you, going with the later model certainly won't disappoint you.

If you're comfortable with the older bike...it fits, and it's in great shape, I'd probably go that way. The new bike would get you a warranty, however, and maybe better shop response and support. Your call really depends on the factors most important to maintain your level of comfort.

shotojs78
07-02-2008, 09:35 PM
ok, but I know system six is a very good frame, it was the top of the line last year...

Chris
07-02-2008, 10:26 PM
I actually prefer the CAAD8 and 9 and the six 13 better than the system 6. That front end made for too rough of a bike for me. I know a lot of other guys on my team who said that they could never get comfortable on the bike.

avalonracing
07-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Personally I think if a sponsor's name is on a bike I should be compensated to ride it.

alancw3
07-03-2008, 05:48 AM
ok, but I know system six is a very good frame, it was the top of the line last year...

as was the six13 in 2006! i have not ridden a system six but have also heard that many people prefer the six13 or caad9. i love my six13 that i have had for two years. if you race then you may want to consider the system six. my understanding is that it is extremely stiff even more so than the super six. either way you can't go wrong imho.

shotojs78
07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Also I could have a caad 8 full dura ace ksyrium elite.... 2007. very good and clean for 1300$, but for 200$ more, I think is better with six 13 seaco 2005????