PDA

View Full Version : New Look's

lewislw1
10-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Anyone have any experience with the new Look Keo pedals? I am currently riding Shimano SL's - like the improved ability to walk on the cleats versus old Look's, and longevity of the cleats; don't like the side to side movement of the front of the cleat during climbing, and the lesser degree of float compared to Look's (6 versus 9).

Len

PsyDoc
10-12-2004, 11:18 AM
...since August and they are very similar to all the other Look pedals that I have owned. The only noticeable difference on the bike is the weight...very light! Clicking in, clicking out is the same. Off the bike, the new cleat is slightly smaller, but I have not experienced any hot spots. Although the new cleat is smaller, the Look Keo webpage indicates that there is greater cleat/pedal contact with the new design compared to the old cleat.

http://www.look-keo.com/flash_us/frameset.htm

Also, you can throw your pedal wrench out the window, because there is no nut for the pedal wrench. You install the pedals to the crank arm via an allen wrench on the inside of the crank arm. Also, the instructions indicate that you can use a "regular" socket to get the spindle out for regreasing or whatever.

So far, the pedals are performing flawlessly...just like all pedals should.