PDA

View Full Version : White Bar Tape

jmeloy
06-30-2008, 03:44 PM
What are we liking for a white bar tape that looks good, feels goods, and can handle a little bit of dirty paws without being trashed? Deda?
JAM

mschol17
06-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Fizik

PoppaWheelie
06-30-2008, 04:05 PM
I have Deda white on two bikes...and love it. But you know, it's white...white gets dirty. Personally, I think white tape that looks well used is dead sexy.

gomez308
06-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Fizik
+1 Great stuff, but not much padding.

Elefantino
06-30-2008, 04:12 PM
New Specialized Fat Wrap.

Cleans soooo easily. Cushy, too.

Longdaddy
06-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Bike Ribbon.

Steelhead
06-30-2008, 04:27 PM
+1 for Deda and will clean right up using a brush with hot water & Dawn.

Steelhead
06-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Don't forget the white saddle and shoes. :no:

:D

Tobias
06-30-2008, 04:48 PM
............and can handle a little bit of dirty paws without being trashed?Is there such a thing?
Looks great when new.
I couldn't make it stay that way.
Riding without gloves didn't help.

Acotts
06-30-2008, 05:19 PM
New Specialized Fat Wrap.

Cleans soooo easily. Cushy, too.

Specialized is a funny company to me. love their saddles, I love their bibs, I love their bar tape, I love their pump, they make great helmets and I think armadillos are the toughest bike tires on the planet.

but I cant say I like their bikes all that much. They just dont do it for me. But they do everything else so well.

michael white
06-30-2008, 05:31 PM
I have several types of white bar tape. White tape seems like something I've graduated to after half a life of black. The most recent white tape I wrapped was Bontrager gel, last week, and I was very pleased not only by the cush but by the extra length. . . I had to try extra hard to overlap more just to use it all.

wasfast
06-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Fizik definitely. Mine looks like new after 2 years. One caution, they make 2 different finishes in Caulk White. DO NOT GET THE BRUSHED/SUEDE version. I accidently got some for my TT bike. Great grip but it was gray before it left the garage.

Rubeboy
06-30-2008, 07:18 PM
I have one Stella Azzurra and some Fizik. Both are great and look good even when they are not pristine. Over a year on the bars and still looking good.

jsfoster
06-30-2008, 07:18 PM
is nice, the perforated version. cleanable. I seem to like the silver versions. Light, bright and not quite as dirtyable. new word. I also have a silver "white" carbon saddle so all goes well.
-Jon

bigman
06-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Fizik chalk white - heard good things about off the front - tape. Pretty sure they make the tape for Richard Sachs - no first hand experience with this tape. Do a search - they sell direct.

93legendti
06-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Bontrager Gel Tape - cheap, easy to put on and comfortable to grip...but the white does get dirty.

toaster
06-30-2008, 09:17 PM
I've got Deda white bar tape.

Ammonia with water and a toothbrush cleans it so fine.

bozman
06-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Bontrager Gel Tape - cheap, easy to put on and comfortable to grip...but the white does get dirty.

+1

Good stuff.

Lincoln
06-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Specialized is a funny company to me. love their saddles, I love their bibs, I love their bar tape, I love their pump, they make great helmets and I think armadillos are the toughest bike tires on the planet.

but I cant say I like their bikes all that much. They just dont do it for me. But they do everything else so well.
Sorry to go another step OT, I always felt the same about their bikes but last year when i was demoing a bunch (lots & lots) of mtbs the only one that "spoke" to me was a specialized. I was surprised, but I bought one. Still love every ride on it. go figure.

quattro
07-01-2008, 05:42 AM
Has anyone tried the new SRAM bar tape, they do make white.

myette10
07-01-2008, 06:41 AM
Has anyone tried the new SRAM bar tape, they do make white.
I have.

it's great.

no sticky back so if you need to unwrap to make adjustments or even change cable housing you can reapply without problem (though you will have newly exposed super white unless you can lay it up exactly as you had it before).

Lifelover
07-01-2008, 06:51 AM
.....but I cant say I like their bikes all that much. They just dont do it for me. But they do everything else so well.

I've always like the styling of their line up! The Tricross (with white bar tape) would be on the tops of my list had I not gotten my recent Gary V.

happycampyer
07-01-2008, 07:36 AM
I have been using the Stella Azzurra Eleganza tape in white. It picks up dirt really quickly, but I like the feel of the tape--it's grippy and has more cushion than the Fizik tape. I also have their Tecno Spugna (sounds disgusting, I know...) in white on a bike and it's nice too--very cushy and stays cleaner longer FWIW.

CPP
07-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Silva.
It's beautiful. Great bar end plugs too.

Kevan
07-01-2008, 10:54 AM

I tried their Paris Roubaix tape and loved it. I have to say I was a bit embarassed using it as it had almost every feature of the old foam-wrapped bars. Easiest damn stuff I've ever installed. No adhesive back and you could really tug on it hard to give the bar a tight wrap. Mine was in black.

I currently have Fizik and I would completely agree, no padding.

jmeloy
07-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Glad I have choices and will post pics when done!
JAM

Blastinbob
07-01-2008, 02:05 PM
I like the Fizik white too.
I heard Off the front is no longer making bar tape, pretty sure they were Er's supplier.