PDA

View Full Version : looking for someone in Denver to ride MTB's with, tips

linger
06-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi all. Will be in Denver, and don't know the area, but would love either some pointers on bike shops to visit to rent a bike, and some difficult (read: not wimpy) trails to ride. Coming from OH, and will be in town from the 4th of July until the 9th. Can ride the morn. of Sat. the 5th, and all day Tues. the 8th. Anyone want to show me some wicked trails/epics? At least some recommendations for shops and trails? I also posted on mtbr, and looked for some trails, but not sure of some of them.

Thanks,
Darren
dling1@cinci.rr.com

Sandy
06-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Can't someone help Linger?

Sandy

malcolm
06-30-2008, 09:41 AM
http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70

try here, the Co. section of mtb forums

gdw
06-30-2008, 10:44 AM
What kind of trails are you looking for, technical or physically challenging? Do you have a rental car? Have you ridden at altitude before?

chuckred
06-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Out of town this week... but you should be able to get some good rides in.

weatherman
06-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Hi all. Will be in Denver, and don't know the area, but would love either some pointers on bike shops to visit to rent a bike, and some difficult (read: not wimpy) trails to ride. Coming from OH, and will be in town from the 4th of July until the 9th. Can ride the morn. of Sat. the 5th, and all day Tues. the 8th. Anyone want to show me some wicked trails/epics? At least some recommendations for shops and trails? I also posted on mtbr, and looked for some trails, but not sure of some of them.

Thanks,
Darren
dling1@cinci.rr.com

If you have time, head up to Winter Park (about 1.5 hours or so from Denver) and hit the resort (chairlift up, hold on tight going down) and also ride the Fraser Experimental Forest. Great trails, wonderful area and maps are available at any local shop. If you want a great XC ride, hit Tipperary Creek although check with the locals to see how conditions are--spring has come late this year so it might be wet/high water at some spots.

Great place to ride, I'm headed there myself next week and will have the mtb and road bike!

linger
06-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Good question. I have ridden in altitude before, no worries there. The ride can be both technical and more physical, so I am game for anything. I'm not really a downhiller, but wouldn't mind trying. I would rather an extended x country type epic. I am up for anything really. Just looking for some great views, some hard times, and a great payoff coming down, with some tech. features.

Thanks for asking!

gdw
06-30-2008, 01:00 PM
If you have a car and the free time Winterpark is worth the trip. They have a wide variety of trails so you should be able to find a few that will provide the challanges you want. The drive is also very scenic.

I'll probably be doing Rollins Pass to Winter Park and back Saturday. The ride is about 55-60 miles in length and has about 5000ft of climbing. It's an old railroad bed and isn't technical. The ride is scenic and the climbing steady and as hard as you want to make it. You're welcome to come along.