PDA

View Full Version : Recommended painters/refinishers in the Northeast

VTCaraco
06-29-2008, 08:02 PM
We noticed the dreaded rust scab under the front derailleur clamp on my wife's Wojcik hardtail.
Though I surely could ship it, I'd prefer to deal as locally as possible.
In in Bennington, VT (about an hour east of Albany, NY).

Does anyone have a painter/refinisher they recommend?
We're imagining something fairly simple. We obviously want the rust taken care, integrity confirmed, inside treated, then probably a simple finish (though I'm advocating for some sort of Serotta-esque fade).
And should I delay this to a winter-project or is now as good a time as any?

I'm a little anxious to get this taken care of for her (she LOVES this frame), but she'd go stir-crazy without it, too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Bruce K
06-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Hot Tubes in Worcester, MA would be my suggestion.

I'll check with the guy who did my single speed to see if he wants to do any more bikes. He is in Salem, MA and he is a member of our club but his primary business is vintage auto restorations.

He was VERY reasonable and it's a nice job but the last I heard he had decided painting bikes wasn't nearly as profitable for the time he spent vs restoring an older Rolls, an Alfa, and a Mustang.

BK

paczki
06-29-2008, 09:02 PM
We noticed the dreaded rust scab under the front derailleur clamp on my wife's Wojcik hardtail.
Though I surely could ship it, I'd prefer to deal as locally as possible.
In in Bennington, VT (about an hour east of Albany, NY).

Does anyone have a painter/refinisher they recommend?
We're imagining something fairly simple. We obviously want the rust taken care, integrity confirmed, inside treated, then probably a simple finish (though I'm advocating for some sort of Serotta-esque fade).
And should I delay this to a winter-project or is now as good a time as any?

I'm a little anxious to get this taken care of for her (she LOVES this frame), but she'd go stir-crazy without it, too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

The guy who does paint for Ted Wojcik is in southern New Hampshire. He's very reasonable. His name escapes me, but just ask Ted Wojcik.

I Want Sachs?
06-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Peter Weigle, the father of Frame Saver to fight off rust.

He is in CT.