PDA

View Full Version : FS: Merckx MXL 55/56

sailorboy
06-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Yes, this is the same one I bought here last year, but due to some unexpected new house expenses, and the unexpected nagasawa project, I will be passing this beautiful motorola (early 90's, not re-edition) frame, fork and headset on to someone else for a nice project.

This was Barry's bike, as seen in this thread. http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=38588&highlight=MXL
It will look the same as this since I haven't ridden it. I am keeping the shimano parts for my commuter, so this is for the frame/fork/HS which is a campy record threaded.

I can include the BB as well if interested.

Asking $1200 including ground shipping in the states.

PM or email please

spamjoshua
06-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Joshua

texbike
06-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Not too many of these originals pop up for sale in this condition.

You hear it all of the time, but these bikes really do ride better than one would expect.

Good luck with your sale!

Texbike

MerckxMad
06-26-2008, 03:06 PM
You're killing me. First the Serotta Slurpee, now this.

spamjoshua
06-26-2008, 03:40 PM
A PM was sent. I will soon have a nearly all MAX stable if I am lucky. It is pure obsession, I admit, but in celebration of a new job, this would be great and I can put my NOS record 9 on there.

clweed
06-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Put me inline behind SpamJoshua who is about to get laid off from his new job ;)

Lee

sailorboy
06-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Joshua is the first in line, then Lee.

Josh, you might want to clear some space in your inbox. To answer your question, the TT is 55.5 c-c and the ST is 55.

zmudshark
06-26-2008, 10:59 PM
I saw this bike at Barry's. If it was 2cm smaller Sailorboy never would have got it.

Great bike, the buyer won't be disappointed.

sailorboy
06-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Mud's right, this ones a looker. It's all I can do to keep myself from completely stripping off the meticulously prepared pipe insulation that Barry laid on it!!

spamjoshua
06-27-2008, 02:26 AM
The top tube is the same as the Holland, but the seat tube that whole "note" longer... and MAX and Merckx and Motorola...

Love it.

Joshua

p.s. I spent a long day on my 56cm CIII today. I really love it as well. It is a source of joy each and every time I ride.

barry1021
06-27-2008, 05:33 AM
Yes, this is the same one I bought here last year, but due to some unexpected new house expenses, and the unexpected nagasawa project, I will be passing this beautiful motorola (early 90's, not re-edition) frame, fork and headset on to someone else for a nice project.

This was Barry's bike, as seen in this thread. http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=38588&highlight=MXL
It will look the same as this since I haven't ridden it. I am keeping the shimano parts for my commuter, so this is for the frame/fork/HS which is a campy record threaded.

I can include the BB as well if interested.

Asking $1200 including ground shipping in the states.

PM or email please

You used the term "seller's remorse" in the original thread. Hope it's not deja vu. But you have a wonderful stable to keep you happy......welcome home

b21

sailorboy
06-27-2008, 09:31 PM
I know Barry, it's gotten out of hand I'm afraid...the new term to replace seller's remorse is probably most closely related to 'culture shock' and the realization upon coming back to our super-sized country that I have way more 'stuff' than I could ever put to decent use.

It's a bit unfair to lump an original MXL under the heading of 'stuff' I know, but pretty much everything else I have is custom or one-off. Can't go much further down the list anymore. Looks like Joshua is very eager to provide a new home for her so she'll proudly ride again I think!!!

sale pending...

zmudshark
06-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Joshua,
I think you will be very happy with the Leader, and welcome home, Sailorboy.

You'll have to impose on Barry's hospitality, and come ride this Winter in beautiful N. Scottsdale.

spamjoshua
06-27-2008, 11:47 PM
It will very much be loved, ridden, and respected.

Joshua