PDA

View Full Version : Skin Cancer, my dog Blizzard

Smiley
06-20-2008, 03:56 PM
To all my good friends here, I find it hard to believe that another Shar Pei of ours has just be diagnosed with skin cancer. I lost my second dog Maddy to this same cancer 4 years ago. The odds as we know it are really bad for this cancer. Karen and I will pamper Blizzard for what ever remaining time he has with us on earth. I am just devistated with this news and wish you all would pet your dog tonite and say whatever prayer for our beloved 4.5 year old Blizzard. He's a great dog that wanted for nothing and we will do our best for his remaining time with us. Thanks my friends as I am choked up right now.

Louis
06-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Sorry to hear that Smiley.

Blizzard will be in our thoughts. Our best to him.

Louis

BumbleBeeDave
06-20-2008, 04:39 PM
I can't BELIEVE this! This is AWFUL! I remember what you and Karen went through with your other dogs and how Karen had to leave the gathering in Saratoga early several years ago for your other dog.

I am SO sorry this has happened! My thoughts will be with you, Karen, and Blizzard. It's difficult to imagine anybody who could deserve this LESS than you folks!

BBDave

thejen12
06-20-2008, 04:41 PM
What terrible news! You have my sympathy.

Jenn

Sandy
06-20-2008, 04:41 PM
There are no dog owners any more loving and caring about their dogs than Karen and Smiley. Blizzard and Hope receive a most special love and concern.

Smiley and Karen-So genuinely sorry to hear about the devastating news. You have had much too much of it. I will do whatever I can do to help you and Blizzard as time progresses. Just ask and I will be there.

Sandy

jghall
06-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Smiley,
As with the others, and an owner of 3, my heart goes out to you and the Mrs.

Dogs unconditional love, about as good as it gets.

rphetteplace
06-20-2008, 05:20 PM
We are also fighting a canine cancer at the moment so I can definately feel for you buddy. Best of luck. My heart goes out to you and yours.

Smiley
06-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks all, we know what we are up against since we lost Maddy to skin cancer. No cancer is good.

Its a good place to find good friends in a time of need. Thanks Forumites

legacysti888
06-20-2008, 09:31 PM
My heart goes out to all three of you.

I have a question: Is this form of cancer more prone on this breed?

I used to breed German Shepards long ago and now I have a very happy and still active 10-year old Australian Silky that has signs of cataracts on one eye - it looks grayish.

I think lost of sight for anyone, animal or human is awful.

hansolo758
06-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry to hear the news. All three of you will be in our thoughts.

RABikes2
06-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Smiley and Karen ... I am so sorry about Blizzard. Big hugs to all of you. You are in my thoughts.

RA

Bruce K
06-21-2008, 03:48 AM
S & K;

Wishing only good stuff for you and Blizzard.

BK, NK, JK, Diefenbaker, Maggie, COmet, and Cricket

soulspinner
06-21-2008, 04:40 AM
I actually have an occaisional dream about my old newfie Rufus (Jolly Rogers Life of Riley) whose been gone over 3 years now. He truly was mans best friend....hang in there and spend extra time with Blizzard...

Ray
06-21-2008, 06:05 AM
Very very sorry to hear Smiley. Our little dog is finally starting to show signs of aging and I'm having to start realizing the inevitable. I can't imagine the pain you're dealing with.

You and Karen hang in there,

-Ray

93legendti
06-21-2008, 09:06 AM
So sorry to hear. We had a cat that had Leukemia...hang in there.

ericspin
06-21-2008, 09:31 AM
My heart is with you. We have lost two in the past couple of years and I think about them all the time. For some reason the ones that give you notice like your situation seem to be tougher for me. OTOH, my GSD died suddenly and in her sleep. What a blessing! The sadness is the deal that is so tough for us humans.

I think of ti boi and how he recently went through the process. He seemed to handle it as well as could be expected. Hope you enjoy good days with Blizzard like he had at the park with his guy that he shared with us.

I will definitely keep you in my thoughts.

Chad Engle
06-21-2008, 11:33 AM
So sorry to hear that, I proposed to my wife with a shar pei named cooper, ring was on his collar. Lost him too early as well.

I'll pet Daisy and Belle a little extra today for Blizzard.

Len J
06-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Da!

My love to Karen & you..........I know what this loss will mean to you.

Len

Ginger
06-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Smiley,

Sorry to hear about Blizzard. Peace to your family.

Mary Ann

sw3759
06-22-2008, 01:45 AM
Smiley,
Blizzard will be in our thoughts and prayers.by all means cherish the remaining time.as a fellow Shar pei lover my heart goes out to you as i lost my first Shar pei at 4 years old also and my 14 year old Shar pei passed on last year and really left a hole in my heart.i miss her dearly.
hopefully some of the forum notes will make this time a tiny bit more comforting for you and your family.

Scott

johnmdesigner
06-22-2008, 12:42 PM
We love you both. I sure Blizzard enjoys his life with two of the nicest people we know. Cherish the good times together - they will get you through the bad ones.

John and Lei

Karin Kirk
06-22-2008, 02:04 PM
So sorry to hear the news Smiley, I can't imagine how sad and troubling this would be. Hang in there and enjoy Blizzard as much as you can. I like your idea of pampering him as much as possible - that sounds very proper.

shinomaster
06-22-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your sick pooch . You are in my thoughts!

mikki
06-22-2008, 05:57 PM
So sorry about your pup. It's so hard a truth that our beloved pets who become like another child in our family live shorter lives than we do. I empathize deeply with your journey right now. He is lucky to have had a great life with your family.

1happygirl
06-23-2008, 05:23 AM
I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your buddy.

bumperjohn
06-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Smiley, I am so sorry to hear about Blizzard. I sure enjoyed meeting and petting the pups while I was at your home. Enjoy the time you have with Blizzard.

John

onekgguy
06-23-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the illness of your loved one. My heart sinks at news such as this.

Kevin g