PDA

View Full Version : A Cycling Related Comic

Keith A
06-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Here you go...

http://www.ajc.com/shared-blogs/ajc/luckovich/upload/2008/06/driven_to_crime/mike06102008.jpg

Bruce K
06-16-2008, 12:59 PM
This has way too much possibility of truth in it.

It wouldn't surprise me to begin hearing stories of significant increases in bike theft as ridership or the desire to ride increases with fuel costs.

As an aside, how many people lock their bikes when out on a ride? Are more people considering this?

BK

fiamme red
06-16-2008, 01:03 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to begin hearing stories of significant increases in bike theft as ridership or the desire to ride increases with fuel costs.The idea of cycling (or should that be "bike riding"? :)) as a practical form of transportation still hasn't penetrated the American psyche.

Larry D
06-16-2008, 01:09 PM
In order for cycling to be viewed as a form of transportation to get into the American Psyche we will have to get rid of the Costcos, Malls and bring shopping back to the neighborhoods. That as well as having bikes welcome on public transportation at all hours.

Spinner
06-16-2008, 01:12 PM
... appears to be on the upswing. stopped by my lbs for patch kit and was overwhelmed by the large crowd of people there. i have never seen this store so packed. makes you wonder if these folks will make biking a permanent part of their lifestyle or will their new rides to put into basements/garages with their nordic tracks and ab machines.