PDA

View Full Version : OT More Tiger Tomorrow

keno
06-15-2008, 08:18 PM
What he does cannot be done!

I would not have been too disappointed if Rocco Mediate won today. He's played superb golf and seems to be a hell of a guy. I can't imagine him besting Woods tomorrow in the 18-hole playoff, but you never know. But the way Tiger pulled it out of the fire on 18 has to induce nightmares.

keno

Louis
06-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Very rarely do I regret not having a television. Today was one of them.

Lifelover
06-15-2008, 09:06 PM
I sat down and turned it on around 6:00 (eastern) knowing it would put me to sleep. 2.5 hours later I was still awake and wound up.

Tiger has balls big as church bells!

I can't imagine him losing tomorrow.

steve575
06-16-2008, 06:51 AM
Is there a website that will cover the playoff today?

M.Sommers
06-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Is there a website that will cover the playoff today?

video>launch:

http://www.usopen.com/en_US/video/index.html

:beer:

Charles M
06-16-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm a huge Tiger fan...

But I hope Roco wins.

Quite frankly when you're as special as Tiger, I think it would be even more special a moment for Mediate to beat him.

Tiger wins and it's just another thing... Mediate wins and it'll burn a lot warmer inside for the rest of his life than tiger pulling it out.

witcombusa
06-16-2008, 11:14 AM
it's G O L F :crap:

this is a bike forum

M.Sommers
06-16-2008, 12:02 PM
It's from a Trevino-Nicklaus era; the journeyman against the thoroughbred. Mediate lives and breathes on his draw shot, much like Trevino, Tiger able to hit it only as Nicklaus and Hogan could, pure. Rocco, much like Trevino, riddled with ADHD, Tiger much like Nicklaus, cold, calm, ice. Yet they play the course, not eachother and with Mediate's steady driver, capable long putter, he's in the zone and might pull off the impossible. Is Tiger one hundred percent, no, but a wounded animal is the most dangerous.

Five holes into this extra round and their scores are even. They're wearing the same outfits as yesterday and we're seeing the same battle today. This afternoon, one of these men will hoist and kiss the US Open trophy, but neither of them will have lost.

TAW
06-16-2008, 12:03 PM
I'd like to see Rocco win as well, but if he wins, it'll probably be considered a hollow victory since Tiger can't play like he could if his knee was fine. If Tiger wins, Rocco will always be the guy who lost in a playoff to an injured golfer. He can't win even if he does. :)

Fixed
06-16-2008, 12:07 PM
my uncle has played golf for over 60 years city champ in h,s, air force semi pro something retires for air force plays everyday with my son
says tiger has to train to play the way he does something about the way he swings is very hard on the body . also the best to ever play
cheers

M.Sommers
06-16-2008, 12:14 PM
my uncle has played golf for over 60 years city champ in h,s, air force semi pro something retires for air force plays everyday with my son
says tiger has to train to play the way he does something about the way he swings is very hard on the body . also the best to ever play
cheers

Jack brought power into the game, he had legs, quads the size of Merckx. Tiger brought athleticism into the game, he was an ectomorph who built muscles so he was a natural athlete, flexible with long limbs. Tiger works out, sure, but it's what's between his ears that makes him special. I've stood next to Tiger and he's not big, massive, musclebound or well over six feet like the media wants to brag about, no, he's ripped with some muscles added and just six feet. He's a walking tendon. With a computer under his cap and discipline throughout, as drilled into him from his Father, Earl Woods.

When Jack Nicklaus came on the scene, he outdrove them all by 25 yards, Tiger did the same thing. Now? Everyone has caught up to Tiger's length with 450cc drivers, titanium, COR efficiency, tuned shafts, hot golf balls...but although they hit it as long as Tiger, they can't catch him.

Tiger is the best in my opinion because he's constantly trying to overcome his flaws, his weaknesses (which is the responsibility of any true athlete imho). This is why I have such little interest in the sprinters of cycling at the big races, they are, to me, the equivalent of a long distance driver champion, only one club in the bag.

M.Sommers
06-16-2008, 01:58 PM
The one element missing from this US Open is the heat. Nearly every US Open man against the elements becomes an issue; much like The Open across the pond, where the fierce wind and damp links air plays a role, we expect to see the golfers in our Open challenged by hot, humid air. Watching Rocco and Tiger play in sweater vests throughout the weekend doesn't seem right to me. I've stood at Bethpage Black and Shinnecock, on Sundays, where the air was so thick, you could chew it.

M.Sommers
06-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Amazing round.

They finished 18 holes STILL tied! Tiger birdies # 18 to tie, Rocco makes par to push it into sudden death by hole.

gdw
06-16-2008, 03:10 PM
It's too bad someone has to lose.

AndreS
06-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Just call it a tie and send everyone home.

Co-champs, split the $$, make another trophy and send 'em each one.

Sheesh.

'Course, the network wouldn't want that - their ratings must be off the charts.

---------------

Louis
06-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Finally Over !!!!

Kevan
06-16-2008, 03:38 PM
to get some work done this afternoon. Barely.

keno
06-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Now I can breathe. The sustained tension today was remarkable. It is obvious that Tiger and Rocco have the highest regard and warmest feelings for one another and that is wonderful to see.

Had Phil Mickelson been in Rocco's position with a similar result, it is interesting to imagine what the entire scene would have been. At a minimum, I think that the players remarks, while complimentary for one another, would be somewhat hollow.

keno

M.Sommers
06-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Now I can breathe. The sustained tension today was remarkable. It is obvious that Tiger and Rocco have the highest regard and warmest feelings for one another and that is wonderful to see.

Had Phil Mickelson been in Rocco's position with a similar result, it is interesting to imagine what the entire scene would have been. At a minimum, I think that the players remarks, while complimentary for one another, would be somewhat hollow.

keno

I will say, perhaps one of my top three final rounds to watch was Phil Vs. Tiger at Doral 2005. That was FTW.

dauwhe
06-19-2008, 08:55 AM
The Onion, as always, says it best:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/man_who_used_stick_to_roll

Dave