PDA

View Full Version : SRAM Red-shifting and noise

Aspen
06-15-2008, 06:03 PM
After 11 years using Dura-Ace, I went with Red on one of my bikes. I really do like the feel of the levers, looks and shifting. However, I'm having difficulty with three things:

1. In the 53-11 but not sure if there is a bigger gear still available. When I attempt to shift, it upshifts.

2. In the 39-26 but not sure if a smaller gear is still available. When I attempt to shift, it downshifts unless I press really hard.

3. Noisy as all get out in the 53 and mid rear cog to the 26. Shifts great but I've heard there are issues with noise. Using the Red cassette and SRAM chain.

Thanks.

Bruce K
06-15-2008, 08:54 PM
I have Red on 2 bikes and have experienced nothing like you desribe as far as "auot shifting".

I had some minor noise issues which went away with some barrel adjuster changes and slightly more frequent chain lubing.

The 11-26 is the biggest and smallest gearing available (so far). You could always get a TT outer ring if you wanted more gear.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
06-15-2008, 08:59 PM
. . . like just an issue of derailleur adjustment. At the risk of insulting whoever is your LBS wrench, perhaps a trip to a different wrench might be worthwhile?

BBD