PDA

View Full Version : happy fathers day

Fixed
06-15-2008, 11:58 AM
have a good day all you pops
i miss my dad he wanted to give me everything and never asked for anything ....cheers pop

Erik.Lazdins
06-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Happy Fathers day to the dads out there.

I lost mine in 2002 - He lives on in my heart - I was lucky to have the time I did with him.

Its a reminder to live well for my kids

vaxn8r
06-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Happy Dad's day. We all have them. Give them a big XXOO and if you can't do that send them some good vibes or take a moment or two to remember.

William
06-15-2008, 08:01 PM
My son and I went out for a nice long bike ride. It was great! :banana:

Happy Fathers day to all you Dad's!! :cool:

William

BumbleBeeDave
06-15-2008, 08:15 PM
. . . took folding chairs down to the bike trail by the river and just sat there reading for about an hour and a half, enjoying the breeze and the river. Then she fixed me dinner!

She is SO cool! . . . :beer:

BBD

konstantkarma
06-15-2008, 08:22 PM
My boys, 2 and 4, were totally out of control all day. The little one screaming with an ear infection. Finally, we took them for a hike. Fed chickens at a local farm. Climbed and rolled down a couple of gravel and sand piles. Then topped it off with a snow cone! It's good to be a dad! Thank God they are asleep!

taylorj
06-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Dad's RULE! Happy Daddy's day to you all Dad's.

Dekonick
06-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Spent all day with my boys. God - I love them so much it hurts sometimes...life without them would seem empty.

Called my dad to wish him a happy fathers day and grandfathers day.

Dad's rule - so do the kids :beer:

93legendti
06-15-2008, 10:19 PM
have a good day all you pops
i miss my dad he wanted to give me everything and never asked for anything ....cheers pop

Thanks Fixed. To you too.

We had the usual Father's Day: I rioe for ~3 1/2 hours; I then took the kids to the cemetery to my Father's grave (usually my grandparents' and great grandparents' graves as well, but a nasty storm rolled in and we just made it back to the car) and, last, a nice BBQ dinner for friends and family.

Always the same and always very, very nice. I hope yours was special.

johnnymossville
06-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Happy fathers day to you guys too. I spent the day with my girls, my wife had to work. We went to the bike shop, then the bookstore, then for Ice Cream. Came home and went for a couple hour ride, then grilling and a couple beers on the deck. :) The girls made me some really cute hand drawn cards for when I got home.

I called my dad and wished him a happy fathers day. I'll be seeing him next week when I'm back home for a bike race. It'll be the first race he's seen me ride in over 10 years. So he's looking forward to that, and I am too.

Happy Father's Day everyone!

bigbill
06-15-2008, 10:52 PM
The boy and I watched the DC Nationals beat our Mariners. We had good seats for the whooping. Some of my best childhood memories are going to games with my dad. The Mariners of 08 are similiar to the Texas Rangers of the 70's. He's only been to one winning game.

Karl Lee
06-15-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm lucky I have kids and still have my Dad, It was a pretty good day. Have a good week everyone.

willy in pacifi
06-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Was such a nice day in the Bay Area for Father's Day so I took two of my three girls out for a team ride. We did the local Paradise Loop ride with the Dolce Vita Team and we had a great time. We were even able to keep up as it was a slow recovery ride for most. Lots of thumbs up and "Happy Fathers Day" form the motorists. I guess they can't get get too upset at a bicycle as big as ours. I actually think we may be longer than quite a few cars out there.

Willy in Pacifica

Fixed
06-20-2008, 12:41 PM
wow

Sandy
06-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Was such a nice day in the Bay Area for Father's Day so I took two of my three girls out for a team ride. We did the local Paradise Loop ride with the Dolce Vita Team and we had a great time. We were even able to keep up as it was a slow recovery ride for most. Lots of thumbs up and "Happy Fathers Day" form the motorists. I guess they can't get get too upset at a bicycle as big as ours. I actually think we may be longer than quite a few cars out there.

Willy in Pacifica

Wonderful photo. Family looks great. "..Took two out of my three girls for a team ride....." Why not all three?? Your shoulders/back look free to me..... :)

Sandy

willy in pacifi
06-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Wonderful photo. Family looks great. "..Took two out of my three girls for a team ride....." Why not all three?? Your shoulders/back look free to me..... :)

Sandy

Working on the 2-3-4 S&S convertible frame as the 4 your old will want to ride along soon.