PDA

View Full Version : regal/rolls rail question

chuckaw
06-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi all, can anyone tell me which saddle, Regal or Rolls, sits higher on the seatpost? Is there much difference between the two? In case I'm not being clear I'm looking at the distance between the rail and the top of the saddle.

Louis
06-15-2008, 12:54 PM
In about 15-30 minutes I can measure (approximately, because it't now on my bike) the distance from the center of the rail to the top of my Regal. I'm guessing that there is not much difference.

(Interested in a used (~300 miles) Regal? I'll probably be selling it in a few days.)

michael white
06-15-2008, 01:13 PM
I think the rolls has a slightly higher center. I also have a ti railed regal which I would sell cheap, with silver rivets, if that rubs anyone the right way.

caterham
06-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I also have a ti railed regal...

pm sent

k

Louis
06-15-2008, 01:42 PM
OK,

Here's what I found: On my steel-railed Regal the vertical distance from the center of the rails to the top of the saddle in the general area where my sit-bones rest (since the rails are not parallel to the top of the saddle) is approximately 50 mm. I say approximately, because this was measured with a hand-held ruler with the saddle on the bike, so parallax errors (which I attempted to compensate for) and other alignment issues are likely to have affected the measurement.

Louis