PDA

View Full Version : What tandems are used in the Paralympics??

jrisles
10-06-2004, 07:34 AM
Hi Boys & Girls and BBD

Long time no hear. I was just wondering if anyone here knew the types of tandems used at the Paralympic games??

Adious

Jeff
Brisbane, Australia

Too Tall
10-06-2004, 09:47 AM
CoMotion and Gilmore (a small Tuscon, Az builder).

Katie and Karissa \, Jason and Glen rode CoMotions on track. Jason/Glen used a Gilmore for road. I am not positive what Katie/Karissa used for road and the other male/male team of Eric Degolier/Matt King used and I'll see if I can find out...pretty sure it was CoMotion. Getting the picture? below is Katie and Karissa winning gold.

zap
10-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Notice that position ;)

Too Tall
10-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Actually...brain is on coffee now...looks like a comprimise position is that what you mean? Katie is using a waay long stem and seems to "up". Ha ha SO WHAT? They won everything in sight, nice folks to boot.

TmcDet
10-06-2004, 02:03 PM
I have seen where offset cranks have been played with because of the loss of power at the 12 oclock position...why wouldn't it be best for the captain and the stoker cranks be offset so that they weren't both @ the 12 oclock position at the same time?

zap
10-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Yeeeeiiiiiks.

1. Pedal stroke for both would be a royal pain.
2. Cornering would suffer since only one (or none) could have outside pedal down and more importantly, inside clearance would be a problem.

Too Tall
10-06-2004, 02:53 PM
What Zapper said plus. Sometimes it's couter productive to try and fix something that's not broke. Imagine muscle memory issues as they relate to re-learning you ALL OF A SUDDEN don't have to pick up your foot! Keeping the bike as similar in all regards to what you know, single bikes.

weisan
10-06-2004, 04:01 PM
We have an "AutoBike" tandem bike at home that is in need of an upgrade in terms of components. The auto-shifting rarely works and is destined for the trashcan pile of failed bicycle inventions.

Does anyone know where I can find a reasonably-priced used set of Tandem gruppo?

Thanks!

weisan