PDA

View Full Version : Serotta MSRP?

Frank
06-14-2008, 08:45 AM
I was looking at the Serotta frames on-line and the MSRP tab just showed "please contact your dealer". Didn't the MSRP used to be listed, and am I just missing it somewhere?

Sandy
06-14-2008, 08:56 AM
You are missing it. Click onto the photo of a model and you will see a listing to the right of the which is headed "overview". Scroll down some and you will see msrp. Click onto it. At the bottom of the listing you will see the msrp. Nothing has changed that I see.

Sandy

Frank
06-14-2008, 09:43 AM
You are missing it. Click onto the photo of a model and you will see a listing to the right of the which is headed "overview". Scroll down some and you will see msrp. Click onto it. At the bottom of the listing you will see the msrp. Nothing has changed that I see. Sandy

and didn't see a MSRP listed on the chart:

http://www.serotta.com/fierte_steel/specs.html#msrp

Ahneida Ride
06-14-2008, 10:15 AM
MSRP used to be there.

Guess the frn is devaluating so fast, they can't keep track.

I do believe that a nicely equipped Fierte is around 3K frn. (built up)

I've heard great feed back about the Fierte.
I would love to demo one.

Jeff N.
06-14-2008, 10:17 AM
If you gotta ask, you can't afford it. ;) Jeff N.

rwsaunders
06-14-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm with Frank....it's missing. Since my dealer is about 2 hours and 8 gallons of gas away (roundtrip), I guess I'll never know the msrp.

Sandy
06-14-2008, 10:32 AM
and didn't see a MSRP listed on the chart:

http://www.serotta.com/fierte_steel/specs.html#msrp

See what you are saying. I think that might be the case as the Fierte steel is offered as a coplete bike and other than the frameset, Serotta has no control of the prices (varies for dealers too). That would be my guess. Look at a bike like the Legend or CDA or....Prices are there for them.

Cheap but not worth it,

Serotta Sandy

SoCalSteve
06-14-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm with Frank....it's missing. Since my dealer is about 2 hours and 8 gallons of gas away (roundtrip), I guess I'll never know the msrp.

Just curious if you have telephone service where you live?

Wondering out loud,

Steve

Ahneida Ride
06-14-2008, 10:49 AM
My LBS accepts Smoke Signals ;)

My guess is that Parts are getting so expensive that Serotta can
no longer guestimate complete bikes.

I just called my LBS (Mtn Cyco .... Ludlow Vt)

Rick guess that a built up bike runs around 3K with Ultegra like build.
He was with a customer so this an off the cuff estimate.

I hope this helps .... or give Rick a call.

Avispa
06-14-2008, 10:58 AM
I was looking at the Serotta frames on-line and the MSRP tab just showed "please contact your dealer". Didn't the MSRP used to be listed, and am I just missing it somewhere?

All the expensive frames have the MSRP listed... STOP looking at them cheap frames! :D

..A..

rwsaunders
06-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Just curious if you have telephone service where you live?

Wondering out loud,

Steve

We just got it last year Steve, and boy were we ever happy. :cool: