PDA

View Full Version : ...

cadence90
06-13-2008, 11:15 PM
.... ..

stackie
06-14-2008, 01:30 AM
I'm a Mac guy. I have a friend , also a Mac guy, who downloads quite a bit. He uses a website called torrentz.com which searches available bit torrent sites to find downloadable material . When he finds the material that he wants, he uses the various bit torrent site to download it, usually using a program called Azureus. It seems like he likes the Mininova.org bit torrent site as the most stable bit torrent site. He has found a good deal of music and movies on the site. He likes that you can do whatever you want with the music you download as it is not limited like what you buy on iTunes. As far as movies, he is able to get movies that are not yet available in the US, eg., downloaded "Control", the Joy Division documentary about six months before it was available in the USA.

Anyway, I've never done this, but it really works out for my friend. I would assume that that Azureus has a PC version. Because he has a Mac, my friend uses a program called VLC controller to play movies, since he says they don't seem to play using Apple's Quicktime. You might try this program for watching movies. As far as audio stuff goes, you should check out iTunes. I believe there is a PC version of it, and I just love it for my computer music collection. Of course, mine is all just stuff I've uploaded from my purchased CD's or purchased from iTunes.

Jon