PDA

View Full Version : Ob*ma "gets it"

fiamme red
06-13-2008, 12:22 PM
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/news/newsDetail/1460.html

Stan Day, SRAM’s president, said that Ob*ma “gets it.” He pointed out that Ob*ma understands that bicycles can be part of a solution to issues as diverse as health care, obesity, energy and environmental policy. “He does his homework and he can connect the dots,” he said.

Of the estimated 160 guests who turned out for the event, Day estimated close to 60 represented the bicycle industry ranging from suppliers, retailers and advocates. Among the guests were Greg LeMond and his wife, Kathryn. Ob*ma, in his remarks to the guests, thanked the LeMonds for attending.

So will Ob*ma reciprocate by "making the leap"? :p

Fixed
06-13-2008, 12:51 PM
bro some might not like him but he is special
imho
cheers

benb
06-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Imagine if the tax rebate had been a bicycle or pair of bicycles instead of $600/$1200...

"Vote for me.. RED for every citizen!"

Dave B
06-13-2008, 01:20 PM
bro some might not like him but he is special
imho
cheers

Yep! hope change is on the way!

Charles M
06-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Same here...

Can someone explain why we can't use the word 0bama here (without using a zero...)??

I mean Hitler, Bush, Nazi, BinLaden... Hell "Husein"... But no "O"...

As for SRAM, they need to make the groupo "Blue".

:beer:

keevon
06-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Clinton

Ob*ma

M*Cain

(sorry, just testing the filter)

Ray
06-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Clinton

Ob*ma

M*Cain

(sorry, just testing the filter)
I investigated this more fully in a previous thread that got my slight dander up. It seems that only the two major party nominees can't be mentioned. If you support Bob Barr or Ron Paul or Ralph Nader, or if you're a Clinton holdout, you're golden.

But fear not, while we can't discuss the two main guys civilly, we can talk all the smack about them that we want to. Osama vs. McSame, anyone? This has greatly raised the level of discourse around these parts and I'm just thrilled to have had my previous sig change to all question marks overnight.

-Ray

CMY
06-13-2008, 03:04 PM
He pointed out that Ob*ma understands that bicycles can be part of a solution to issues as diverse as health care, obesity, energy and environmental policy. “He does his homework and he can connect the dots,” he said.
Yeah.. it's rocket science. :rolleyes:

gdw
06-13-2008, 03:22 PM
The guy's an astute politician with good handlers looking for support. His schedule, as well as McKain's, is packed with events like this one. Is he for real or looking for money and votes? 20 minutes isn't a very long meeting.

johnnymossville
06-13-2008, 03:39 PM
We don't really know for sure. If we care to look, We do know Bush loves to ride and has been seen many many times out there actually doing it. We do know that Bush's house is more "Green" than Al Gore's. We also know that Ob*ma Smoked cigarettes, Quit, and now Smokes again, so the riding + smoker is kinda funny and cancels the other out in my book. But whatever, it's all just nitpicking, right?

Sometimes "Saying" the right thing at an opportune time isn't enough. He said he visited 57+ states too, so is that fact?

And I don't feel like getting bashed here today, just an observation. Sorry in advance if anything I typed was too political.

fiamme red
06-13-2008, 03:39 PM
I like this comment on Matt Seaton's Guardian article (http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/jun/13/cycling.politicsandsport):

I spent some time in København working as a caretaker for an apartment building in the centre of town, just down the street from the city's cathedral.

One of my jobs was to sweep the pavement and gutter outside the building (the responsibility to keep pavements and gutters clean rests on the building's owner, and they can be fined if they are not spick and span). Due to the number of pedestrians during the week, I used to do this sweeping on a Sunday morning.

And every weekend, on her bicycle, Margrethe II, the Queen of Denmark, would cycle past on her way to church. ...

Followed, at a discrete distance, by two police cars, carrying armed police, an ambulance, a blacked-out windows vehicle with lots of aerials (which I always assumed to be a command-and-control vehicle).

All driving very, very slowly.

But you are right, no way is Denmark a dictatorship!

(and the Prime Minister used to drive a 2CV, or take the bus with everyone else. And discuss politics in the bus queue. THAT is democracy in action!!).