PDA

View Full Version : cross crusade

coylifut
10-05-2004, 11:05 PM
It's being reported that Portland OR's Cross Crusade had over 550 paid entrants including 70 women and 124 new racing liscenses were isued. Wow.

Bruce K
10-06-2004, 06:36 AM
That's getting up there.

It seems cross has entered a "boom" cycle in the last year. The Essex County Velo cross race in GLoucester, MA attracted those kinds of overall numbers but I don't believe that the new rider and women numbers were that high. This year the race has become 2 (Sat/Sun) and has a name sponsor in Michelob Ultra.

It also seem that there are more cross bikes available in the market than there were a few years ago.

I wonder if this cross growth is bi-coastal or nationwide. Anyone have any feeling or observations?

e-richie, dave kirk, et al, are you getting more inquiries about cross frames? Alyson, is Serottta getting more inquiries?

All I know is there are not too many things better in biking than a crisp, clear, autumn day in New England, cruising through the fall foliage with a bunch of freinds on cross bikes.

BK

William
10-06-2004, 06:59 AM
A slight shift.

I was at Steadmans yesterday and finally got a close look at one of e-richie's cross bikes that they were working on. Dark red with creme panels and yellow lettering. Very nice! I'd put one of these on my wish list for sure...I don't know if I could be patient enough to wait for one though. :)

Very nice e-r. :cool:

William